Tuning adapter issue (becomes disabled)

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
wmcuser1233

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuning adapter issue (becomes disabled)

Post by wmcuser1233 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I have had the infinitv4 with a tuning adapter since June 2011. Everything worked great, had no issues whatsoever. A few months back I decided to put in a dedicated ssd for just windows 7. Ever since the clean install, it seems I have a bunch of issues with my tuning adapter. One problem is that after a reboot the tuning adapter will become disabled. It will be on waiting for channel map, then get disabled. The only way to fix that issue is to unplug the usb and plug it back in. Then it becomes ready (I have tried different ports and changed the power options as recommended on cetons site.) Another issue I am noticing, is if I change channels too fast I will get a no signal error. I dont know if that's related to the tuning adapter or not, I am just guessing. Say I tune into hbo then ten seconds later I want to watch hbo 2 . Hbo will tune in fine but when I try and watch hbo 2 I will usually get the no signal message. If I go to a regular channel that doesn't require a tuning adapter then back to hbo 2 it will come in just fine. It just seems like I only get the issues on channels that require the tuning adapter. Before I did the clean install I was using firmware and drivers that were available in June 2011. When I did my clean install I updated both the drivers and firmware to what is available now. Here are my specs. Amd phenom ii x6 1075t, 8 gb ddr3, crucial m4 64gb ssd, and Windows 7 Professional x64. So the only differences on my machine is the ssd, Windows 7 professional (I had home premium on it before), and the updated firmware and drivers for the infinitv. Anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for any help.

Edit. I have uploaded a few screenshots that shows what happens after a reboot.
Attachments
upload.png
upload2.png

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 am

I would recommend you plug the TA directly into the PC (not with a USB hub) and using a USB 2.0 (not 3.0) port. Beyond that, I would recommend you open a support ticket with us - there's a long list of potential causes.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

wmcuser1233

Post by wmcuser1233 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 am

The tuner is plugged directly into the pc and the machine doesn't have usb 3. I will open a ticket thanks.