EVGA z68 sli Micro and InfiniTV USB issue.

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

EVGA z68 sli Micro and InfiniTV USB issue.

Post by newfiend » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 am

I just built a new HTPC.. got a EVGA Z68 SLI Micro motherboard, Intel 2700k core i7 CPU, 8GB Corsair RAM. The system works great. I have two infiniTV units one internal PCIe one USB. The PCIe unit works flawless but everytime I plug in my infiniTV USB and either restart or shutdown the PC and try to restart it it locks up on the BIOS EVGA splash screen and throws post code 64. If I unplug the infiniTV USB cable and hit the reset button it boots right up with no hang. I have contacted Ceton and I have swapped out the motherboard with a new one tonight and it has the exact same problem. Ceton can't seem to find anything wrong so far.. Any suggestions??
newfiend

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 am

Just FYI I have double checked my bios.. All seems correct.. Motherboard bios is up to date, latest drivers and I installed the MS USB hotfix and it still hangs.. Any other USB device works perfectly. I hooked up the Ceton USB to my desktop PC and it works perfectly.. No hang up at all. And my desktop PC has a Z68 EVGA FTW board with the same BIOS as the micro htpc board. So the ceton is fine and working properly.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

As a test, I would install a USB hub between the PC and the tuner.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I have a hub on the Microsoft wireless entertainment desktop 8000 I have.. Guess I could could try that.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Next thing to try, if the hub doesn't work, is to buy one of these. The reason I recommended this one, instead of a cheaper model, is because this one is the cheapest listed on NewEgg's site that is both PCIe and USB 2.0. I see that your motherboard has no PCI slots, and most PCIe USB adapter cards these days are USB 3.0... and I remember Eric Kotz saying that the USB version of the InfiniTV sometimes has issues with USB 3.0 ports.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

On second thought, maybe this one would be better. I noticed that the card listed in my post above has only one positive review... and that one was from someone who admitted that they do not actually OWN the card! That said, the one listed in this post also has some negative reviews... but I've owned several products from Syba and I've been completely satisfied with all of them.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:20 am

Well it seems that is was a problem with the USB Ceton Tuner and my brand of Motherboard (EVGA Z68 SLI Micro). I will say this.. Ceton Support is AWESOME!!
I sent them my diagnostic reports and my system info and the engineering team was able to fix it. They sent me a updated firmware tonight. I applied the update and no more hangup at boot..
These guys really are out to help their customers and I don't think you can ask for much more.. I know that some have had issues with the tuners.. But I have had excellent service from both the product and the support staff.
Thanks to all that replied to this post as well. My next step might have been the PCIe USB card.
Thanks Ceton!! You guys Rock!
newfiend~