Ceton PCI-E Card Not Obtaining IP

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jeepguy_1980

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton PCI-E Card Not Obtaining IP

Post by jeepguy_1980 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 pm

I recently added a Ceton InfiniTV card to my desktop, to explore the idea of building an HTPC and to enjoy TV on the second monitor. However, the card is not receiving an IP address. It keeps getting a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address. I can successfully bridge the connections, at which time it receives an IP of 192.168.1.140. From there I am able to reset the network tuners and reset the network settings. But the card still reverts back to the 169.x IP.

The only way the Ceton diagnostic tool can detect my card is if I bridge my network connections. But even with the network connections bridged, WMC is not able to detect any tuners. I have been working with Ceton support, but they have just asked me to complete the steps I've already mentioned, even though I had already completed those steps (and told them) before I ever contacted them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit:

One more note. I have tried assigning a static IP of 192.168.200.1 to my card, and when I do Windows says that duplicate IPs are not allowed. But I do not have anything on that IP. I cannot ping that address.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Try installing the card into another PC and see if the issue persists. If it does, request an RMA.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

jeepguy_1980

Post by jeepguy_1980 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 am

I just received my RMA today, great service from Ceton, and it works as it should.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:57 am

jeepguy_1980 wrote:One more note. I have tried assigning a static IP of 192.168.200.1 to my card, and when I do Windows says that duplicate IPs are not allowed. But I do not have anything on that IP. I cannot ping that address.
It sounds like you were confused on the IP addressing. The card itself has the IP address of 192.168.200.1. This is NOT the address your PC has (which is 192.168.200.2). Most likely you were creating a conflict by setting the PC to the card's IP.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation