Issues with my Ceton 4 Install - Host ID not Available

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
QingGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Issues with my Ceton 4 Install - Host ID not Available

Post by QingGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

I purchased my Ceton 4 several months ago, had issues with my install, knew I was moving so I put it off until I moved. We'll I've moved and now I'm back to trying to set my card up and I'm really struggling; issue being, I'm not really sure what my issue is. The issue I'm currently dealing with is when I go to WMC\extras and run the Ceton Infinity diagnostics to display the Host ID I get this message. "information not available." How I got here is I've installed and everything looked OK (WMC had some issues setting-up my region but I was able to do it manually) so I called Cox to activate, guy said he could see my card and asked me for my host ID. Said he could not activate without. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, we just moved into our new house and my son and his cousin are driving me nutz because there's no TV to watch. Thanks in advance!

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey I just dealt with these a few days ago- you probably need a new cablecard. I had this exact problem, and Googling and Ceton support both suggested I do this. Fixed it for me.

(Now I'm on to my next issue that I'm unable to view encrypted channels, but I've got a Charter tech coming out tomorrow to look at that)

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:16 pm

I can certainly get a new cable card. However, I'm not sure that's the issue. I went into the advanced tab on the Ceton Diagnostic Tool and cleared the Tuner Configuration now when I go into setting in WMC it tells me no tuner found. Hmmmmm . . . Never used Ceton support, is it phone or via email/tickets? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Update, uninstalled Ceton program, removed Ceton card from hardware manager, rebooted, reinstalled Ceton program/drivers and now WMC is telling me "Tuner not found" when I go in to setup TV Signal. Two steps backwards . . . Also, both WMC (TV Config) and Ceton Program now run quite slowly and I've had to kill the Ceton program a couple of times due to it reporting back (non-responsive). Just keeps getting better . . .

Phil Seastrand

Post by Phil Seastrand » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:51 pm

QingGuy wrote:Never used Ceton support, is it phone or via email/tickets? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Ceton Support is very responsive. Start out by submitting a ticket using http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/ and they will take it from there. I've had two issues over the past 3 years and they have been very easy to work with.

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks, just opened a ticket and submitted two diagnostic files, hopefully we can get this thing working.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Ceton will take good care of you. If they determine that something is wrong with your tuner, they will ship you a new one overnight, with free return shipping.

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Curious, for those of you who have used Ceton's support, how long does it typically take them to get to an issue? Submitted 24 hours ago and the status is still new/unassigned. Thanks!

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm

They just got back to me "We're so sorry you've had such troubles. Your InfiniTV isn't working properly, so we are transferring you to our RMA Department; that way we can get things running as quickly as possible." 24 hours, not bad.

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Update: Got new Ceton card and new cable card. New issue is I'm getting a "subscription required" on any stations other than the standard local stations e.g. MSNBC, Disney. I subscribe to these stations and can view them on a standard TV when we connect it to the cable line. I've contacted Cox and they confirm I subscribe to these stations. Any ideas?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Did you call your cable provider to pair the new tuner with the new card? Is your Ceton diagnostic utility all green?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Sure did, gave them the host ID and they sent signals and paired. Said everything worked on their end. Now the local stations are hit and miss. Here's a screen shot:

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 am

Call your provider and ask them to pair the card again. Double-check to make sure they have the correct CableCard ID and HostID.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 am

Called Cox again and tried activating the card again with no luck. Then he transferred me to someone else who said he sent a "cocktail" of codes to my card and now I have all my subscribed stations, finally!!! Man was that a pain. Thanks for the help guys, I greatly appreciate it.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Also, just to circle back on this, all OCURs (including the InfiniTV) are one-way devices - there is no way they can "see" your CableCARD. Glad to hear that you're up and running!
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation