Infinitv card died after enabling network tuners?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
raven313

HTPC Specs: Show details

Infinitv card died after enabling network tuners?

Post by raven313 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I have the infinitv 4 pci-e card. It has been working fine under fairly old firmware. I decided to install network tuners to see if I could get that to work. In the network tuner setup in 7 Ultimate MC I chose one tuner, picked finish and then went to set up a tv signal and it said tuner could not be found. Then I re-ran the network tuner setup in MC and this time chose 3 tuners and picked finish and again when I set up tv signal it said no tuner found. (I don't even understand why I need to set up a tv signal when it was already set up anyway). Now after numerous reboots, uninstalls re-installs, reseating of the card, I am left in the same condition: I have "Ceton InfiniTV Network Device" properly displayed in Device Manager but the ceton diagnostic never sees the card and consequently MC never sees tuners to set up.

What do I need to do to get back to a few hours ago when I had a working tv card with non-shared tuners? I have virus scanners and firewalls all disabled. Seems like I have to reset something network related perhaps?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 pm

If you want to share tuners you can follow this helpful guide at missingremote.com http://www.missingremote.com/guide/ceto ... ltiple-pcs
In the guide are directions on resetting the device to factory defaults as well.
newfiend

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

raven313

Post by raven313 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 am

newfiend wrote:If you want to share tuners you can follow this helpful guide at missingremote.com http://www.missingremote.com/guide/ceto ... ltiple-pcs
In the guide are directions on resetting the device to factory defaults as well.
newfiend

I did follow that guide but when it came time to set up live tv there were suddenly no tv tuners detected.

Now I just re-installed Windows and installed the card over again and I am still in the same situation: the tuners aren't being detected by anything, not even the Ceton diagnostic.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 14, 2012 4:02 pm

I would contact ceton through their ticket process and see if they can help you get it reset.. It could be a faulty card as well..? They should be able to help you get it sorted out, their support dept is usually really good.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue May 15, 2012 1:54 am

Do you have any antivirus/internet security software installed? I would recommend trying to remove that. Failing that, open a support ticket with Ceton.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

nathagt

Post by nathagt » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I had a similar experience when I tried to set up network tuners. My setup had been stable for quite awhile but I had to install the newest ceton drivers that included the network tuner piece. It screwed everything up. I followed the guide exactly but when it came time to set up Live TV again, I could not get it to work. I ended up using the Ceton Network setup wizard to restore to default settings. I opened a Ceton ticket and they eventually told me to replace my card. I just got the new one in last night and installed it. I'll probably wait till after the Olympics to try setting up the network stuff again though.

EDIT: I will say that Ceton was very responsive when I submitted the ticket.