Ceton 4 PCIe Verizon Fios

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dribz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton 4 PCIe Verizon Fios

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 am

So,

I just got this installed. I am having a problem where non-local channels are getting "Subscription Required" and all the local channels work fine. I have Fios Ultimate so pretty much all the channels. Is there anything I can do? Or do I need a new cablecard?

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 11, 2012 2:44 am

Sounds like your cablecard has not been activated. You should try calling up the cable company with the activation info.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

dribz

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 2:47 am

When I called them they said it was activated. I also used the verizon self install to activate the card.

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 am

Did you check the ceton diagnostics info? When you tune to the non local channels, what does it show?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

dribz

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 am

I am new to this so I dont really know what I am supposed to list. And do I run dagnostics when Im in WMC? or the program?

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 11, 2012 3:05 am

I have usually done it from outside of WMC. There should be a tab in the diagnostic tool called CableCARD. Look at it to see if everything is checked with a green checkbox. You can use the bottom area to tune into a specific channel. For more info, I'd recommend checking out the Detailed Installation document on Ceton's website (http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/)

dribz

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 am

One thing I see that might be different is my local channels have signal of -2.6 dbmv but my non-local one (TNT) has 3.3 signal level.

dribz

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 am

ok, everything is green, then when I tune it says "CableCARD is not entitled to decrypt because the information about it is entered incorrectly at the cable company. An INIT signal from the cable company might help.""

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 11, 2012 3:12 am

Well it sounds like the card isn't activated, although it sounds like you took all the proper steps. I'd try asking Verizon to resent an INIT(ialize) signal again. If that doesn't help, I might recommend opening a trouble ticket with Ceton- they have probably helped troubleshoot a problem like this multiple times.

dribz

Post by dribz » Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 am

I called and talked to about 3 people. Finally someone knowledgeable came on and fixed the problem! He resent like 3 signals and it finally worked onthe last one! Thank you makryger for your quick responses! Centon was telling me to get a new cable card and this mightve happened every single time!

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Glad you've finally got it working! Do you know the name of the guy you spoke to? I'm going to be switching to verizon fios in about 3 weeks and am hoping for a smooth transition! :S

P.S. The company's name is Ceton. For some reason people keep putting an extra 'n' in there... :)

dribz

Post by dribz » Sat May 12, 2012 4:00 am

Ya, I keep calling it centon. Ive heard them say it CETON like 50 times but since I have always called it that I always say it. I type in Centoncorp.com and wonder why it doesnt work. And no I dont remember the guys name. But if they send you a cable card it shouldnt be a problem because they already activate it. But I picked it up because they wanted to charge me $20 to ship it. So if you pick it up and do self-activation, you might need to do what I did. The first 3 techs told me that it was already activated, but when I read him the error of sending an INITIATE signal, he knew right away what to do.