Media Center Dropping Tuners & Subscription Required

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
marlinman25

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Dropping Tuners & Subscription Required

Post by marlinman25 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am

Hi there, I have a ceton PCIe device that has been working properly for the past few weeks but now I have been running into issues this week. Some quick info, I am running a brand new built computer, A83.0 GHZ processor, 12gigs RAM, 2 terabyte HD with 2 1 terabyte backups,new gigabite motherboard AD75-UD4H, HD radeon 5450 Graphics Card. My father-in-law helped build the computer and it is a great machine, over built from my understanding. This HTPC is dedicated for just the tv and only the tv. We do not surf the net or have programs loaded on it. I have the Ceton PCIe device installed with now a 4th cable card that finally works. I am on my 3rd tuning adapter that is finally working.
Everything runs through a yamaha 5990 av receiver. I also have a device that tells the computer to keep the same resolution when i switch between the PS3 and the cpu.

It took 4 months of support tickets, 6 different twc techs, multiple tuning adapters and cable cards before Ceton finally sent me a replacement device. Right away we noticed a difference, no more subscription required or no tuner detected messages. It has been great for about a month now. This week we had some power surges and when I went to watch tv WMC did not detect any tuners. I have a bridged setup since i sent one tuner upstairs to my office computer and both dropped the tuners. I had to go through the setup again starting with the network tuner wizard. I made it all the way through the setup and was good to go.

This morning I turned on the TV and had a unexpected error windows shut down message and went to start media center. After about 3 minutes of Media center thinking and freezing I realized that the tuners were dropped again. Went through the whole setup again and then good to go. Also I notice that my tuning adapter always needs to be reset after setting up. Not only that the subscription required message is constantly popping up again through all our recordings.

Has anyone else been running into these issues. Honestly I am missing the reliability of direct tv even though the savings are great and one device can handle all my computers. Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

Just to let you know I have sent a support ticket in with Ceton, I just know that this forum will offer quicker results.