Any other Satisfied Ceton infiniTV Users?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
scyto

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by scyto » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:30 am

Flawless card and flawless support since I got mine in the first batch (I think I had one of the first being at front of the MSFT employee purchase at the time :-p ).

I wish I could say the same for my ati & NVidia video cards, video card drivers and Blu-ray software - all cause issues at some point.

06g35meister

Post by 06g35meister » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Love my Ceton setup. After a few hiccups getting into the WMC game, nothing has gone wrong!

Heart you Ceton!

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 pm

RichardU wrote:My USB InfiniTV works great. The only problems are Windows related. Seems like every time my wife tries to use it, there is a Windows update, or Java update or something else in the way.
That's entirely avoidable. Windows Update is very configurable, so either have it apply updates automatically at 3AM or, set it up so that you have to run it manually.

Java should be avoided at all costs, especially with the recent zero-day exploits that have been showing up. Are you sure you're even using anything that requires it? (You can also set Java up to not check for updates)
I still have a cable box for her to watch live tv.
that's just sad :(

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

Well at least java on an HTPC, no real need for that :)

I have windows updates on manual updates. I don't like it messing with my stuff. I don't use my HTPC for anything but Media Center though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Aberslam74

Post by Aberslam74 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 am

Originally installed in June. No issues since.

1 InfiniTV, 2 Xbox 360's, wired gigabit.

Better video quality than DirecTV. Very happy. 100% WAF.