Ceton Firmware Update 1.1.7.2 out now non beta

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Firmware Update 1.1.7.2 out now non beta

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 am

Diagnostic Utility states that there is a firmware update for the InfiniTV version 1.1.7.2 non beta out now.
I was able to flash my PCIe card no problem, However the Diag. Utility still states that the USB version is up to date with the old firmware. 1.1.2.4
Where can I DL the official 1.1.7.2 and not the beta?
The utility scans my PCIe card first and states it's up to date and won't let me update the USB unit.
Thanks,
newfiend

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 am

I installed 1.1.7.2 on my PCIe card last night. My last update was from July 2011. I didn't make a note of the version number. I didn't have all the crashing problems you folks reported before... so let's hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I don't think this update does anything to fix the macroblocking issue however.
Last edited by barnabas1969 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 am

The beta and non-beta 1.1.7.2 are the exact same file, and if you already have 1.1.7.2 installed, there is no need to re-flash, even if you installed it as a beta. It is compatible with all InfiniTV tuners.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am

barnabas1969 wrote:I installed 1.1.7.2 on my PCIe card last night. My last update was from July 2011. I didn't make a note of the version number. I didn't have all the crashing problems you folks reported before... so let's hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I don't think this update does anything to fix the macroblocking issue however.
Do you know where the firmwares dl to on the machine by default when updating? i updated the PCIe, it has the non beta fw..and all i can find is the beta online. would like to update my usb unit as well..

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am

ok thanks erkotz.
EDIT: on a side note the update utility needs to refresh and check for updated firmware/drivers when you switch between infiniTV units with the drop down box at the top. It scans the first card it finds and if it's up to date you are left with not being able to update the second unit. It kept telling me my usb unit was up to date with firmware 1.1.2.4.
if i select the usb unit and close the diag. utility and reopen it it defaults back to the PCIe first and you can't select the usb unit in time before it finishes its driver / firmware update check.

phatman81

Post by phatman81 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:26 pm

i had the same issue updating both of my pci cards. just go to network adapters, and right-click/disable the one that took the update. now relaunch the diag tool and it will update the other card also.