Ceton - Tune one channel number to all tuners?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
vir2oso

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton - Tune one channel number to all tuners?

Post by vir2oso » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

I am wondering if there is a diagnostic tool or something inside WMC that will allow me to type in 1 channel number and see if every tuner that I have can successfully tune to it. I have 2 ceton cards and I would like to provide a channel number and see if all eight tuners can tune to it. I am getting a lot of Weak Signal errors and sometimes it finds a tuner it can successfully tune to and sometimes I miss the recording all together. I am wondering now if the signal is fine but some of the tuners are bad or going bad. I would think if the signal is poor, all the tuners would suffer.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Go to the InfiniTV web page (the default is http://192.168.200.1). In the tuners tabs, you can manually tune each tuner to a specific channel.

vir2oso

Post by vir2oso » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:57 pm

I have 2 Ceton cards. Is there another address for the second card or are all tuners available on this one address?

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:44 pm

If you launch the Ceton Diag application, there is a drop down menu with the address of each Ceton card. On mine, one ends in 50, while the other in BC. So after I select card, I go to the one tab( i can't remember the tab name) and to launch the ceton diag webpage. After I do this twice, I have both tuners in 2 tabs of IE and do my testing and looking around through that.