How Does InfiniTV work?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jriker1

HTPC Specs: Show details

How Does InfiniTV work?

Post by jriker1 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:10 pm

I know this is an odd question at this point, but when you are trying to custom build a new server with virtualization and card passthrough helps to know what you are dealing with. Hoping for some help clarifying around the InfiniTV 4 PCIe.

The card seems to always be 192.168.200.1. What is the DHCP IP Settings (DHCP Server) checkbox for?
What is the DHCP Client option for?
When you uncheck the DHCP Server and set your own does it ever work? Mine just spins and eventually have to reset the card to get it back.

In Windows 7, when you install the drivers but don't set the network option at the bottom, does MCE access the card directly or is it still thru IP addresses?
In Windows 7 when you install the drivers and select to install the network tuner option you can then go into your Windows 7 MCE and configure thru Extras the network tuner option. How does this work? Does each tuner have it's own IP address somehow? If so what are they and how can you tell?
In the Ceton network settings there is a bridging Yes/No option. What does this do?

When you use the InfiniTV 4 with Windows 8 directly, network tuning isn't an option. Is this accurate? Only like the first Windows 7 option above?
Why do I see people who are enabling that bridging and then tieing it to a network card and then accessing it thru Windows 8. Thought this isn't supported and MCE won't see it?
With bridging, if I have the card on 192.168.200.1 and have another internal network of 192.168.200.x and provide my virtual machine an internal IP of 192.168.200.10 (making one up), should the network tuning work since they are all on the same subnet? Here people saying to get the cards on the same subnet as the main network but can't understand that if technically network tuning isn't an option with Windows 8.