Replacement tuner from Ceton and pairing the CC

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mmatheny

HTPC Specs: Show details

Replacement tuner from Ceton and pairing the CC

Post by mmatheny » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Finally got a replacement tuner from Ceton over some ongoing issues I have had, and as I predicted, took over 30 minutes to get my CC paired with the new tuner! When the CC support desk answered, I specifically stated that I was moving my CC into a new piece of hardware, and that they needed to un-pair it from the old hardware and then pair it with the new hardware. I stated that they NEEDED to un-pair it first at least 3 times during the conversation, but apparently it went in one ear and out the other - tech had to get higher up tech to assist, once it came up, I asked what they did to get it paired - "We had to un-pair it from the old hardware first"
Mike

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

mmatheny wrote:Finally got a replacement tuner from Ceton over some ongoing issues I have had, and as I predicted, took over 30 minutes to get my CC paired with the new tuner! When the CC support desk answered, I specifically stated that I was moving my CC into a new piece of hardware, and that they needed to un-pair it from the old hardware and then pair it with the new hardware. I stated that they NEEDED to un-pair it first at least 3 times during the conversation, but apparently it went in one ear and out the other - tech had to get higher up tech to assist, once it came up, I asked what they did to get it paired - "We had to un-pair it from the old hardware first"
Selective hearing.. My kids have this.. lol :D
Is the situation any better?
newfiend~

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Nope - currently worse - after the install, came home twice and picked a channel from the guide - no signal! Changed channels, tuned fine, changed back still tuned fine. Also getting no tuner available to satisfy your request. They want me to flash a beta firmware - will try tonight if have time. Right now I have a scheduled reboot at 6:00pm every day to hope the tuner will reinit so I can get my recordings. This is the new hardware rev of the tuner also.
Mike

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 am

Man.. what is it with you and bad hardware? LOL.. First the GPU then Motherboard..now this thing.??. You must have bad luck ;)
I am assuming you have the latest software package installed that adds the Ceton Menu Strip in MC..
In the options on the strip..(I cant remember where exactly) it has a check box option to toggle the Tuners at wake.. (i assume you sleep the HTPC) have you tried checking that box and see if that helps?

Man I feel so bad for you that you keep having HTPC issues especially the Ceton card... that's been the most solid piece of my setup..
keep me posted on your progress..
Good Luck!! :D
newfiend~

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 pm

My PC never sleeps. Yes, latest drivers. Installed a beta firmware last night - we'll see. They are really going over the top to assiste me though - great support.
Mike

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Good Luck.. I hope you can get it sorted out. Let me know how your getting on with this.. It's got my curiosity going..
newfiend

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express