Does anyone know what causes "total jobs = 1000, too many jobs" error

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mjlaris

HTPC Specs: Show details

Does anyone know what causes "total jobs = 1000, too many jobs" error

Post by mjlaris » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:07 am

I have been struggling to get my ceton infiniTV4 card working under windows 10 with Plex. While I've had some success thanks to a little proxy program written by a member of the Plex forums, I'm still having problems, some of which are likely hardware. Initially the ceton diagnostic tool reported everything working fine. This lasted for about a day and then the diagnostic tool started to report "A valid CableCARD was not detected". I've had the card in use in a USB tuner for 5 or 6 years and it's possible it's failing. However, I'm not sure that's the only hardware problem. The diagnostic tool detects the ceton card and reports that the card is responding. Also, I have eliminated the proxy program as the cause by using VLC to directly stream a channel that I set via the ceton card web page for tuner 0. While this did stream the selected channel, it froze up after 2 or 3 minutes and required a reboot of the computer to fix. After the reboot, I was again able to stream a channel I selected via the ceton card tuner 0 web page. However, the program again froze after 2 or 3 minutes. A review of the ceton card web log showed the selected being repeatedly set to the channel I selected and then issued the subject "too many jobs" warning. I'm struggling to determine my next move. I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks