Recent issues with infinitv4 not found error

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
icepick

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recent issues with infinitv4 not found error

Post by icepick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Running a win7 box with pcie infinitv4 for many years.

I've begun having issues with my tuner recently. Seemingly randomly, but on a daily basis for the last few days the tuner is not found by WMC. This morning i noticed the same and checked ceton diagnostics and it could not find the tuner either.

This issue has been going on for about a week, there were a few instances of "windows media center service stopped responding" sprinkled into my view scheduled / history log in WMC also, but primarily "tuner is not working or is not installed" is the error I'm getting.

There were also a few instances early on whereupon clicking the WMC icon in the desktop toolbar i received a dialog box message stating "Windows Media Center could not be started." This occurred even when the recording icon was displayed in the notification area and a program was successfully being recorded.

A reboot fixes everything temporarily with no other action needed.

Currently the only issue seems to be tuner not being found, the other issues have not resurfaced lately.

I use Malwarebytes premium.
I use EPG123.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:30 pm

This is a known issue with the Ceton card. There is no solution. Throw it in the garbage and pickup a SiliconDust HDHomeRun on ebay.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

icepick

Post by icepick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 pm

So basically its worn out? Its been rock solid for like 10yrs, I'm sad to see it go but also thinking about just getting sling + antenna so i would still need an hd tuner for ota.

Thanks

icepick

Post by icepick » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:42 pm

As mysteriously as it began the issues have ceased. I'm guessing it was a malwarebytes issue as I did nothing to alter the hardware or software. Probably an update that caused it and another that undid the problem...