Ceton InfiniTV 4 Firmware

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Paint

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 Firmware

Post by Paint » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:58 am

Can someone please share some firmware files for the Ceton InfiniTV 4?

I recently purchased an InfiniTV 4 to run a dual card setup, but I only have the firmwares for the Ceton InfiniTV 6.

Thank you!

Paint

Post by Paint » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:33 am

Is ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE the latest firmware for the Ceton InfiniTV 4?

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:49 am

Unfortunately I have replaced my InfiniTV4 with a 6. So I can't check to see what firmware was running on my 4.

However the last firmware file I have is older than the one you ask about. My file is ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20120313_1_1_7_2.IMAGE, so yours certainly looks newer.

But I don't know if I might have let the Ceton Diagnostics utility do a firmware upgrade, if that was actually possible. Of course since the Ceton site is no longer active there's no longer any way to check out how all of this might actually work, and what the latest files truly are.

So, my own data point is that your firmware file seems newer than the one I have. And I'm also unable to actually see what my 4's firmware is.

Perhaps somebody with an active 4 will help you out here.

Paint

Post by Paint » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:51 am

this InfiniTV 4 card has a bad NVRAM chip. The cablecard data id is never stored properly. I have purchased a second InfiniTV 6 from another user on this forum instead. I guess I've always been lucky with my first InfiniTV 6 card and never had any of these issues that caused RMAs back in the day.

Chairface

Post by Chairface » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Paint wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:58 am Can someone please share some firmware files for the Ceton InfiniTV 4?

I recently purchased an InfiniTV 4 to run a dual card setup, but I only have the firmwares for the Ceton InfiniTV 6.

Thank you!
The last available Drivers and Firmware can be found here -> http://www.seanmauch.com/ceton-infinitv-drivers/