Tuner (Infinitv 4) downtime

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
AnnasDaddy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner (Infinitv 4) downtime

Post by AnnasDaddy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what recordings are scheduled (start/stop times) via a script? I know that you can find the information in WMC, and would have thought it was stored somewhere else too. I am trying to help out a family member that put an Infinitv 4 card in a cheap Llano setup. Each recording takes about 18-22% cpu utilization, so trying to transcode while any recordings are scheduled is out of the question. I am trying to find a way to see if there is downtime (length to be determined by size/number of files) sufficient to allow transcoding the files. I have attempted to offload the files to another box to work on there, but am being forced to do everything on this 1 box.

AD.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Can you not get the transcode to run at a below normal process priority? That way it won't matter when they run because they'll only get whatever CPU is going spare after other processes have taken what they want.

TBH, you should be looking at lowering the priority anyway as transcodes can hog the CPU if run at normal priority and make the PC unresponsive.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the recording processes run at above normal priority by default. I think they do.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

AnnasDaddy

Post by AnnasDaddy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm

I do normally set it to below normal (on mine), but was wondering if there was a better way to do it. As far as making the PC unresponsive, as long as it isn't trying to record anything then responsiveness doesn't matter. No head unit on this thing anyways, so only way to get in is hook up a monitor, or RDP.

As far as the recording processes, did not know about their default priority. Am fairly new to the Ceton world, and still learning all the time.

If I cannot find out, or no one knows how to obtain the information, then I will just set it to low, and pass it off to ffmpeg.