InfiniTV 4 with FIOS - Losing Validation

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bsdkurt

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 with FIOS - Losing Validation

Post by bsdkurt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:22 pm

I have a windows 7 PC with an InfiniTV 4 that has been working for over 5 years with Optimum. I switched to Verzion FIOS and I have run into an issue where the cablecard will not stay validated. I call in get them to manually send a validation to the card, then I can view all the channels. However, putting the PC to sleep causes it to loose the validation and the data number to change. According to FIOS tech support this data number needs to not change like this and is the cause of the lost validation.

I'm running with the InfiniTV Firmware Version: 1.1.8.2 and have one of the those cards that have an issue that prevents me from upgrading to the beta versions. My hardware version is 6212.

I have already replaced the cablecard. The initial one was a Arris brand card and the current card is a Motorola brand card. Both cards behaved the same with the lost validations.

Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:40 pm

bsdkurt wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:22 pm Does anyone know how to correct this issue?
Dump the infiniTV 4 and get an HDHR Prime.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

hdtvjeff

Post by hdtvjeff » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 pm

It could be the infiniti itself. Buy a second one on ebay and test it out..I had the same problem

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bsdkurt

Post by bsdkurt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Scallica wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:40 pm
bsdkurt wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:22 pm Does anyone know how to correct this issue?
Dump the infiniTV 4 and get an HDHR Prime.
I was hoping to get a few more years of of the current setup. Changing systems means more difficult WAF.
hdtvjeff wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 pm It could be the infiniti itself. Buy a second one on ebay and test it out..I had the same problem

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You had the same problem with loosing validations and changing out the inifini fixed it? Hmm, if that's the case then perhaps I'll try the 6 tuner card to replace it.

bsdkurt

Post by bsdkurt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 pm

hdtvjeff wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 pm It could be the infiniti itself. Buy a second one on ebay and test it out..I had the same problem
Following up on this... The replacement InfiniTV 6 does not have this loosing validation problem.
Thanks for the suggestion.

-Kurt