InfiniTV 6 ETH Resetting

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 ETH Resetting

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm

How do I reset/access my InfiniTV 6 ETH?

InfiniTV 6 ETH "InfiniTV Device Webpage" today:
Screenshot-2017-11-14 Ceton InfiniTV - Copy.png

Last Friday night I had to switch back to my InfiniTV 4 USB, because I selected "DHCP Client" in my InfiniTV 6 ETH "InfiniTV Device Webpage". And after doing so, the InfiniTV 6 ETH wouldn't show up in windows. And I could no longer access the "InfiniTV Device Webpage" for it.

So this morning I tried connecting my InfiniTV 6 ETH directly to a different PC with just an eth cable. Nothing showed up so I tried one of those cross over adapters; there were no NIC LED lights so the adapter probably doesn't work; and of course my InfiniTV 6 ETH still didn't show up. (I do have and actual cross over cable.) But after removing the crossover adapter and trying just the eth cable a second time, my InfiniTV 6 ETH finally showed up in windows :) and I accessed the "InfiniTV Device Webpage". After a couple of times exiting the "InfiniTV Device Webpage" I took the SS ^^.

But, I just had to... screw-up again lol and repeat what happened last Friday (I think it was enabling the "DHCP Client") in the "InfiniTV Device Webpage". And low and behold I couldn't access my InfiniTV 6 ETH again. So far, I've tried leaving AC adapter unplugged for 15, 30, and 60 minuets, but no luck yet.

What DHCP or Static IPs configuration to access my InfiniTV 6 ETH, would work?

TY :)

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Mine has always worked with what I assume are the 'out-of-the-box' defaults... never fussed with it.

255.255.255.0 (static defaults if no DHCP server is active?)

DHCP Client checked.

My DHCP server then assigns a reserved IP based on tuner MAC (semi-static).

If you open the Ceton Diagnostics GUI, there is a "Reset Network' option on the Devices tab, which ought to knock it back to these same defaults (if it detects the tuner). Then power-cycle the tuner & see if it shows up.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

d00zah wrote:Mine has always worked with what I assume are the 'out-of-the-box' defaults... never fussed with it.

255.255.255.0 (static defaults if no DHCP server is active?)

DHCP Client checked.

My DHCP server then assigns a reserved IP based on tuner MAC (semi-static).

If you open the Ceton Diagnostics GUI, there is a "Reset Network' option on the Devices tab, which ought to knock it back to these same defaults (if it detects the tuner). Then power-cycle the tuner & see if it shows up.
cool. TY :) ^^ a wealth of knowledge i couldn't find over the last few days GIDing. Good thing my old InfiniUSB4 worked (still using it).

Before i saw ur post I got lucky and got InfiniEth6 back to 192.168.200.1. (255.255.255.0) Ur post helps tremendously! But I can only access with IP in Web Browser. Maybe because there's no drivers installed on this other PC.

I'll see if my HTPC can see it now; and if it's Ceton Diagnostics GUI can see it and use the "Reset Network' option on the Devices tab and I'll report back. TY again! :)

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 pm

You'll definitely need the drivers for the tuner to be detected, but they install with the Diagnostics GUI.