Tuners all disappeared - diagnostic help on Infinitv 6 pcie

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
londonfog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuners all disappeared - diagnostic help on Infinitv 6 pcie

Post by londonfog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Just to start, I'm pretty sure my tuner card has died, but I wanted to ask the right questions to find out.

Ceton's diagnostic software shows no tuners present, and I performed all the resets with no luck.

I checked the Device Manager and saw no issues or warning signs, but I wasn't sure how the Tuner Card was supposed to show up if it's at least partially functional. Checking the network, video, system/pci, sections didn't return any obvious devices that looked like the tuner card.

Prior to losing the tuner card my episode guide (WMC7) lost just about every channel's info, and only gained some back after resetting the zip code and provider. I have Fios, and my updated ONT has been beeping for a week so I attributed the guide loss to that, but shortly after doing all that diagnostic work my toddler rested her hand on the power button and forced a reset of the computer.

Immediately after that hard shutdown the tuners were permanently lost, leading me to believe the card was just going bad to begin with.

Anyways, I'm just looking for some possible ideas on how to fix the tuner, or to just call it dead and then likely buy the HD prime since no other options seem to exist anymore.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:03 pm

londonfog wrote:I checked the Device Manager and saw no issues or warning signs, but I wasn't sure how the Tuner Card was supposed to show up if it's at least partially functional. Checking the network, video, system/pci, sections didn't return any obvious devices that looked like the tuner card.
The tuner should appear in the Network adapters section. If it is not there, first try a different PCIe slot on the motherboard, then try a different PC if available. If that doesn't work, your card is likely toast.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

londonfog

Post by londonfog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks!
I'll try that when I get home.

londonfog

Post by londonfog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Figured I'd give an update:

It was the card that died, sad face. I really enjoyed 6 tuners, but it looks like now I'll be switching to the HDHR Prime.