Data ID keeps changing

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
nd2002

HTPC Specs: Show details

Data ID keeps changing

Post by nd2002 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:37 am

Been having this weird issue after switching from Comcast to Frontier. After reboot or Win Update installs, my Data ID changes, and I have to call Frontier to get it updated on their end. It's pretty frustrating, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a way to keep it static? I know the cablecard ID and Host IDs stay static since they are tied to the hardware, but why would the data ID keep changing on me?

Running WIn 8.1/Ceton InfiniTV 4

Paw Paw

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Paw Paw » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:00 pm

Obviously the data ID should not be changing as long as the CableCard remains in the Ceton Tuner. In fact once the two are paired you can move them (as a pair) from one computer to another without impacting the Data ID. I would therefore suspect either the CableCard or the Ceton Tuner as faulty. Since many people have tales of having to try 3, 4, 5 or more CableCards until they find one that works I would suspect it first. However, you state that you changed from Comcast to Frontier and I would assume that that would involve a physical move. Therefore, I would first check the Ceton Card to be sure that it is properly inserted into the computer and did not work lose in the relocation then attack the CableCard.