Channel map storage

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jaimeknapp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel map storage

Post by jaimeknapp » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:05 pm

I have been having issues with SDV channels. I have been power cycling the Cisco TA on a daily basis that generally resolves the issue of SDV Error 1, or No Signal present when tuning to some but never all channels. On occasion, this error comes up during program viewing, when no channel change request is occurring. Web Ceton diagnostics often shows the TA as waiting on upstream, or upstream completion. Often, another power cycling may resolve this. This is a moving target throughout the day and only seems to impact a certain number of channels. Some channel may become available later, after having not been so earlier in the day. My real sense is that something is going on within their SDV server, but have no way of knowing. The TA does not go into its 6-blink mode with unavailable channel tuning attempts.

My question really is this: on what device is the actual channel map stored; the TA or the Ceton? If it is stored on the Ceton, could a memory issue there cause the issue in upstream connectivity of the TA? I have a spare new Ceton with its latest firmware I could install if that were a possibility. I also have a new spare Cisco 1520 that I was told to hang onto a couple of years ago.

I know the general response will be to get rid of the Ceton entirely, but the 80-year-old wife is dependent on using what she knows and so am I for that matter. Any other thoughts?

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Greetings Jaimeknapp. Do you still have this issue? If not how did you resolve it? Your problem sounds exactly what I had months ago but has recently decided to have No Signal at all on all channels. For reference my cable company doesn't use TA's but I am wondering if they over to using SDV and their phone technicians are not aware. Thus maybe WOW has gone full SDV now and why I have No Signal without a TA?

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

I do still have this recurring issue, but much less frequently lately. Have you checked the Ceton diagnostic web pages to see that your CableCard is provisioned and that you actually have a signal on all four tuners?

[presuming your network is configured 192.168.*.*]
http://192.168.200.1/Services/CableCARD.html

http://192.168.200.1/Services/[1 2 3 4]/Tuner.html