What's up with Ceton?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
sgbroimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

What's up with Ceton?

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:49 pm

I know it has been years since Ceton made product, but I thought downloads of install files and tech support were still possible, but I went to the website and nothing seemed to work at all. Anyone know?

hdtvjeff

Post by hdtvjeff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:51 pm

sgbroimp wrote:I know it has been years since Ceton made product, but I thought downloads of install files and tech support were still possible, but I went to the website and nothing seemed to work at all. Anyone know?
Following

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm

"Ceton Corp" was a family venture. The family is still involved with other tech products under different company names. I think they put out a wireless speaker system a few years ago.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/k ... ly-affair/

Ceton was sued by Gibson for $12 million in a federal lawsuit. The judge ruled in favor of Gibson and ordered Ceton to pay $953,334.43. :shock:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/ ... m/4097465/

With the demise of WMC in Windows 10 and limited availability of WMC in Windows 8.1, and the lawsuit, it's not a surprise that they vanished.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Wow. Nasty business. So if one does not have an install file, he/she has to rely on the "generosity of strangers" presumably?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:41 pm

sgbroimp wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 pm Wow. Nasty business. So if one does not have an install file, he/she has to rely on the "generosity of strangers" presumably?
Yes, that's what this forum is for.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 pm

And by myself for one, well appreciated. Thanks to you and others for all you do!

joelkirzner

Post by joelkirzner » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 pm

I switched over to SiliconDust HD Homerun Primes years ago. The only thing I still use from Ceton is the My Media Center app.

You have to have the Ceton My Media Center app running on your WMC PC, and it works very well on my Android devices. The Android app ($4.99) is available though the Amazon app store, not Google Play.
https://www.amazon.com/Ceton-Corp-My-Me ... pps&sr=1-1

I can control WMC from my phone as a remote control and also access WMC remotely while away from home. Fantastic interface!

Their website is working fine now and you can still download install files for the various apps. Occasionally, I've seen the site not respond, and I thought a similar fate that it was the end of the line for Ceton. It comes back online eventually.
http://cetoncorp.com/product-support/

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Good to know. Many thanks. I must have hit it at a down time. Turns out I did not need to download anything as my OD image restore brought back what I needed. Good to know Ceton site is there for support, however. My Pcie6 and Echo are both rock solid after many years.