[HOW TO] My Media Center Setup Troubleshooting + Tips

For general setup and troubleshooting issues
Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

[HOW TO] My Media Center Setup Troubleshooting + Tips

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Here are some general troubleshooting questions. This will evolve and grow over time. If you do not find your answer here please search the support forum for your answer, it not simply start a new thread and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT Tips!!!
  • Close Media Center before updating My Media Center services
  • Always first try to simply restart PC after updating services (especially with extenders)
  • After updating do services, do a force close on the mobile apps to ensure clean start
  • Ensure that the times on your HTPC and Device are synced
  • If you entered a password in the Companion Services Config ensure that you enter it in the app
  • If other apps such as Remote Potato are installed, do NOT set the port to the same number
  • Go to the My Media Center Config on your HTPC and run Diagnostics under About/Diagnostics

Problem: Is there a way to refresh the Movie Gallery database if I move items around?
Solution: In the case that your movie gallery is out of sync and needs a manual refresh simply follow these steps:
  • Go into Services
  • Stop "My Media Center Services CData Service" service
  • Stop "Yet Another Media Meta Manager" service
  • Go to C:/ProgramData/Yammm/Cache
  • Delete all files
  • Restart "CMy Media Center Services CData Service" service
  • Restart "Yet Another Media Meta Manager" service
Problem: My extenders do not show as a playback destination
Answer: Usually a simple fix is to just restart your HTPC. The issue comes up because extender sessions maybe have been open. After a reboot of the HTPC they should show up as long as they are in "Extender" mode.

Problem: My channel lineup has changed and the My Media Center guide is not correct.
Soulution:When you first setup your PC inside of My Media Center we automatically download your complete channel lineup. Since this is a large amount of data we only update it every 2 weeks. However you can do it manually by following these steps:
  • Inside My Media Center go into “Settings”
  • Select “Clear Cache” and restart application fully
  • Your new channel lineup will appear.
Problem: The Guide and Channel sections are Empty?
Solution: If your channel line up has changed or you reran TV setup inside of Media center please try to clear the cache listed above, if not Please contact us via PM.

Problem: How do I get channel logos on my guide?
Solution: My Media Center automatically uses the information from your guide including logos. Ceton does not provide any services to get logos into your guide, however there are several applications that allow you to do so including:
My Channel Logos: http://www.mychannellogos.com
After updating your guide with logos please clear the cache which can be found under settings and then restart My Media Center.

Problem: I am unable to connect to my Media Center PC via My Media Center.
Solution: Please run the the Diagnostic tool provided in the My Media Center Service Configuration under the "About" tab. Also ensure that the time on your Media Center PC is accurate and matches your devices time.

Problem: Every channel shows up in my guide how do I limit it?.
Solution: My Media Center will display any channel that is enabled inside of Media Center. You can limit your channel list in 2 ways.
1.) Under settings turn on "HD Guide" which will only display HD Channels.
2.) In media center disable channels that aren't in use under: Settings/TV/Guide/Edit Channels
-----After editing channel lineup clear cache under settings inside of My Media Center.

Problem: The app is crashing on my Toshiba Thrive Android tablet
Solution: Toshiba Thrive has a serious firmware bug in Honeybomb 3.1.x. Please upgrade to the latest Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, for more information visit http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/THRiVE-Tab ... d-p/319530

Problem:I can't find a way to re-name my extenders
Solution: On the Android platform in "settings" you can change device names. For other platforms we are working on this currently and should have it done in an upcoming app releases. Stay tuned.

Problem: I have multiple NICs and the wrong IP is showing up inside of the config and apps
The problem here is that the NIC priority is not correct and we pull the first one to display inside of the Companion Services Config and in My Media Center during a Wi-Fi scan.

There are 2 ways go resolve this issue:
1.) Simply manually add your PC inside of My Media Center with your desired IP.
2.) Re-Prioritize your NICs, just follow these instructions:
  • Click the Start Button
  • Right Click "Network" and then left Click Properties
  • From the "Network And Sharing Center" window click "Change Adapter Settings"
  • On the "Network Connections" window, press the ALT key on your keyboard to being up the menu bar
  • Click the "Advanced" menu and then "Advanced Settings"
  • In the "Advanced Settings" window you will see the "Adapters and Bindings" tab and under "Connections" you will see the order they are in, you can use the arrows to the side to move the connection priority up and down.
Problem: When I do a search no results come back for the Program Guide
This could happen if you do not have Indexing turned on for Windows Media Center on your PC. Simply open up the "Indexing Options" and ensure that WMC is added in the list:
index.PNG
I Write, Code, and Tweet