Ceton My Media Center - Can't Find Locally Or Remotely

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
fleanote

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton My Media Center - Can't Find Locally Or Remotely

Post by fleanote » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Folks - This may be true PEBCAK here, but can anyone help me figure out what I missed. This is the 2nd time I've installed (worked fine first time about a year ago). Ceton diagnostics check out across the board; port found, external remote checks out. I can ping port 5832 from the inside and outside. If I go to the internal IP and port via a browser, I see the MyMedia Center message 'all is well keep moving, etc.' I even turned off Windows Firewall on the PC and I still get the no PC's found when running the IOS app (on the inside and outside of my network) I figure if I can't get internal working, external won't work anyway. What might I have missed? PC is running Windows 7, Phone - IOS8. The local service is also up and running (and checks out in the MyMedia Center diagnostics page). Thanks guys.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:48 pm

There are (at least) 3 other parts to the puzzle. Any changes or upgrades to these in the past year?

1 WiFi
2 Switch
3 Router

fleanote

Post by fleanote » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:27 am

Resolved, it was mismatched password. It does not report wrong password, it simply will not work. Make sure your password matches in the client and server (even if blank)