Unable to install

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
grayson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to install

Post by grayson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:40 am

I've downloaded ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_14_02_20_0821 and am attempting to install it on a Windows 7 Professional (SP1) machine. Before the install even begins, I get the following message:
Ceton My Media Center (x86) can only be installed on Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition.

Then the installer ends "prematurely". It tells me my system has not been modified.

Why will this not work? Am I simply missing something?

Thanks!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Try the beta installer for Windows 7:
http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/mymedia ... atest/beta
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:27 pm

If you haven't already tried, right-click the installer and use the "Run As Administrator" option. You really shouldn't need to do it. But, UAC can be a little finicky sometimes when installing stuff. :)

grayson

Post by grayson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 am

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately, neither worked. I still get the same popup message saying that it can only be installed on Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition.

I believe this is a popup within Ceton's program itself... don't think it's a windows popup window. It's smaller than the normal dialog box Windows throws up.

Please keep the suggestions coming. This is the final step in getting my media center working flawlessly. I've used this program before on other machines, and I really like having the flexibility of scheduling events.

jbkuma

Post by jbkuma » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to solve it?

edit: Windows just came up with a batch of updates that weren't there before, works after updating.