Ceton My Media Center on Andriod device not found sometimes

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Tree Ranger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton My Media Center on Andriod device not found sometimes

Post by Tree Ranger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 am

Ceton My Media Center on Andriod work majority of time very well. Sometimes the remote finds the WMC PC and gets content etc but remote function can not find device. In time minutes to hours it just shows. Any ideas why this happens and how I can fix asap without waiting.

Thx

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Is your phone on WiFi (within your home) when this happens?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

breakthestatic

Post by breakthestatic » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 am

I know I'm not the op, but I also experience this issue sometimes and for me it definitely happens in the internal network wifi. I don't want to hijack the thread, but if you have any suggestions, I'm willing to try them out.

Tree Ranger

Post by Tree Ranger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 am

Yes I'm within my wifi network at home. Today it worked all day. Yesterday could use guide and view recordings just no remote due no device found message.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Do you have any firewall/antivirus software on your PC? If so, try uninstalling (not disabling) it and see if the issue persists.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Tree Ranger wrote:Ceton My Media Center on Andriod work majority of time very well. Sometimes the remote finds the WMC PC and gets content etc but remote function can not find device. In time minutes to hours it just shows. Any ideas why this happens and how I can fix asap without waiting.

Thx
Sounds like the same problem I have except the "Remote" feature simply doesn't work for me. I managed to get it working with a previous version of My Media Center but now I cannot get it working at all, even with an that older version of the program.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=8156