Remote Control XBox360

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
UkiwiS

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote Control XBox360

Post by UkiwiS » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I am having trouble with the MyMediaCenter App.

The "select device" option for the Remote does not work for me so when I have a show playing via an XBox360 Extender I cannot control it.

What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

KIWI

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:55 pm

What happens when you press Select DEvice? Do you get an error?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:36 pm

erkotz wrote:What happens when you press Select DEvice? Do you get an error?
I get no error. Nothing happens

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:26 pm

So it just acts like you didn't press the screen at all? Are you on the latest My MC? What device/ROM?

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm running 1.3.6.5 on a Google Nexus 5 with Android 5.0, kernel version 3.4.0 Build number LRX210.

The HTPC is headless and all content is viewed on TVs connected to XBox360s. I have no problem viewing the content using the wireless XBox controllers but I do go through quite a lot of batteries. Within My MC I have no issues viewing the guide or scheduling recordings but if I select a recording and hit the "play" button I receive an error message "Unable to find device capable of playing this type of content".

I've rebooted the phone. I've use both "clear data" and "clear cache" and have reconfigured the app from scratch, but nothing changes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KIWI

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:14 am

Welcome to 11 months ago!! :P This was reported on this forum last October, and a ticket was opened shortly thereafter. See the following thread.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=6238

At that time, it was speculated by TGB'ers that a bug was introduced in a particular version of the Windows software portion. Later in the thread, a user confirmed with Ceton support that it was an issue they could reproduce and would be "fixed in the next release, no ETA." This was in February.

The workaround that most people resorted to at that time was to remove the newest build from their Windows PC and install a previous version without the issue. I would imagine that most people who resorted to the 'previously working' version are reluctant to upgrade to anything newer for fear that the bug still remains in the newest build.

Maybe erkotz can confirm if this bug was addressed or not. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, but I've never seen any release notes attached to the Windows portion of the software that outlines feature enhancements/bug fixes.

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks UCBearcat

I'll try rolling back to a previous version and see what happens. The lack of support here is frustrating, perhaps a few of us need to post some reviews for the APP :)

Cheers
KIWI

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 am

Thanks to UCBearcat my issue is now resolved. I simply rolled back MyMediaCenter on the HTPC to version 13.2.26.1062 and voila everything works again. It's only taken 2 weeks to figure this out when the answer was there all along. Clearly Ceton does not have a clue.

werds

Post by werds » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:28 am

UkiwiS wrote:Thanks to UCBearcat my issue is now resolved. I simply rolled back MyMediaCenter on the HTPC to version 13.2.26.1062 and voila everything works again. It's only taken 2 weeks to figure this out when the answer was there all along. Clearly Ceton does not have a clue.
Yea, sorry I missed your post - been busy at home and work lately! You are correct we identified the issue a while back as being build based and I haven't updated since last year when we figured it out :( Frustrating as the app had such great potential... but when the Echo stuff starting going off the rails I was dreading that it would be only a matter of time before other things started getting dropped or shoved to the side :(

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:44 am

Are people experiencing this on the newest version of the PC services? There was a similar issue fixed about a year ago, but it should be fixed in the newest PC services.

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 pm

erkotz wrote:Are people experiencing this on the newest version of the PC services? There was a similar issue fixed about a year ago, but it should be fixed in the newest PC services.
I don't know what the newest version of the PC Services is but I'm a little reluctant to make any changes now that I have it working. I do not recall the version number I had installed before rolling back but I do know it was downloaded and installed in April 2014. Is that when the latest version was released? If you want I could roll back to test it for you but wouldn't it be easier for Ceton to actually do that testing? I assume you have access to all previous versions and can test this with relative ease? You'd also be able to pinpoint more accurately when it went South, right?

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:12 am

erkotz wrote:Are people experiencing this on the newest version of the PC services? There was a similar issue fixed about a year ago, but it should be fixed in the newest PC services.
YES, I CAN CONFIRM THAT I AM EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM WITH THE LATEST VERSION!!!

I just installed 14.2.20.821 and can confirm that it does not work!

NOW, What is CETON going to do about it?
What is the timeline for getting it fixed?

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Now I cannot get it working at all, even after reverting back to the earlier version. What a waste of time AND a waste of money.

UkiwiS

Post by UkiwiS » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 am

With ZERO Support MyMediaCenter is a piece of CRAP and a complete waste of money. Thank you Ceton.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 am

I downloaded the latest version from your website today and I'm experiencing the issue.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Ok so I was going to submit a ticket but it says MyMediaCenter issues are resolved here... So I guess I will wait to see what is said here.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:15 am

Grab a comfortable chair and a beer - you might be waiting awhile. As mentioned earlier, this bug was introduced in late 2013. We're still waiting for the fix. :yawn:

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:44 am

I lived without it for almost 2 years so it's not a super big deal. I purchased the app right after I built my first system and just this week configured the port on my router to make it talk externally. That's a cool feature. Much easier than going through Slingbox. But I plan on adding two more extenders in my setup so controlling through the app would be much easier than messing with the IR remote.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Just load an older version and you'll be back in business.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:30 pm

I'll have to look on my old server and see if I have any older versions in the download folder.