Cannot uninstall Ceton Companion Services

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
scruz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot uninstall Ceton Companion Services

Post by scruz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:18 am

I'm getting the Ceton Otay launch error and based on other posts here I'm trying to uninstall Companion Services and reinstall the latest beta. Problem is i get a "Ceton Companion Services (x64) can only be installed on Microsoft Win 8 Pro" error during uninstall. I am currently on Win 8.1 Pro with WMC. The install date for the companion services I'm trying to eliminate is 1/4/2013, so I may have installed it prior to upgrading my OS? I've tried stopping the services and yammi prior to uninstall and that didn't help. How can I force a manual uninstall?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Can you try installing the latest version with no uninstall, then try removing it - it should remove older versions, too.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

scruz

Post by scruz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 pm

If I install the latest version it fails with the same 'win 8 pro required' message.

scruz

Post by scruz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:49 pm

My previous reply may not have been clear. When I try to install the latest version, during the install process I get the same 'win 8 pro required' dialog and then it exits the installer without completing the install process. A subsequent uninstall attempt failed in the same manner.