MMC on Amazon App Store - updates??

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
timaster

HTPC Specs: Show details

MMC on Amazon App Store - updates??

Post by timaster » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 am

I purchased MMC on Amazon ages ago, and have noticed that there have been multiple updates posted to Google's Play Store, but no updates in quite some time on Amazon's store. Amazon's store reports the version for download as 1.3.6, while Play store is up 1.3.6.5 now.

Could the version on Amazon's store get updated to the current version as well? I don't really want to purchase the app again, given that I've already paid for it once.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:08 am

timaster wrote:I purchased MMC on Amazon ages ago, and have noticed that there have been multiple updates posted to Google's Play Store, but no updates in quite some time on Amazon's store. Amazon's store reports the version for download as 1.3.6, while Play store is up 1.3.6.5 now.

Could the version on Amazon's store get updated to the current version as well? I don't really want to purchase the app again, given that I've already paid for it once.
The changes in those versions only affected non-Kindle devices, so we hadn't pushed the new version, but we just pushed it today as you can install the Amazon store on non-Amazon devices. It may take a few days for Amazon to approve the new version.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:09 pm

erkotz wrote:
timaster wrote:I purchased MMC on Amazon ages ago, and have noticed that there have been multiple updates posted to Google's Play Store, but no updates in quite some time on Amazon's store. Amazon's store reports the version for download as 1.3.6, while Play store is up 1.3.6.5 now.

The changes in those versions only affected non-Kindle devices, so we hadn't pushed the new version, but we just pushed it today as you can install the Amazon store on non-Amazon devices. It may take a few days for Amazon to approve the new version.
Erkotz. Thank you for finally pushing the update and why would you all assume that users that purchased through amazon app store only had amazon devices. That couldn't be furthest from reality......

timaster

Post by timaster » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 am

Thank you for the update, many MANY people run Amazon's appstore on non-Kindle devices.

I am in fact running it on a BlackBerry Z30, works absolutely perfectly (smooth and fast) on OS 10.3. If you are unaware, with BlackBerry 10 OS 10.3 and up, the Amazon app store is preinstalled.