Movie Library issues on Win 8.1 tablet

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
mistarick

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie Library issues on Win 8.1 tablet

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 am

Hi all. Ive been trying to nonavail to figure out how to load my movie library into the app. For some strange reason about ten movies I have never heard of and are certainly not in my library or on my network are showing up in the 'movies' section of the my media center app. Also when I click 'load more' I keep getting 'reconnect to pc or refresh' error. Although when in the TV recordings section of the app the 'load more' function works correctly. Very frustrated. I am running wmc on a win 7 pc and the ceton app on my win8.1 tablet. I have no idea where these movies are coming from as I only have one library location specified in the ceton config on the wmc pc. All of my movies show up in wmc just fine. The other wierd thing is that I can actually play the movies that I do not own that are showing up in the ceton app on my tablet? any help would be greatly appreciated!

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 am

I can use the ceton apps search function to type movie names that don't show up and it will find most of them and I can play them that way. I don't understand why they wont show up in my app though? I have tried re installing the app. I have confirmed that the port forwarding is set correctly ran the diagnostics tests and from within a browser ingest the message that everything looks good nothing to see here. The guide functions great and allows for recording and the recorded TV works well also. Very frustrated as I love most of this app and knowing its potential to be great for my wmc experience.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Have you opened a support ticket with Ceton on their website?

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:24 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Have you opened a support ticket with Ceton on their website?
I visited their site and it says that all support for my media center apps for win are handled here at the green button forums.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm

mistarick wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:Have you opened a support ticket with Ceton on their website?
I visited their site and it says that all support for my media center apps for win are handled here at the green button forums.

I think you are right. Wow sorry to hear that. Good luck.

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Well after some tinkering, I have got most of the library to show up. For whatever reason, and I have done this more than once, however this time when I stopped cdata and yamm services and deleted the cached data, voilà. I have most movies. The few that are missing I suspect may be due to file name and the app not recognizing metadata. So so much better! I don't understand though as I have tried this many times before!

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:47 pm

mistarick wrote:Well after some tinkering, I have got most of the library to show up. For whatever reason, and I have done this more than once, however this time when I stopped cdata and yamm services and deleted the cached data, voilà. I have most movies. The few that are missing I suspect may be due to file name and the app not recognizing metadata. So so much better! I don't understand though as I have tried this many times before!
Are you running the latest beta, search on here for it. People who always have issues come back and say the beta fixed it etc..

I think this is it:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=3195

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm

IownFIVEechos wrote:
mistarick wrote:Well after some tinkering, I have got most of the library to show up. For whatever reason, and I have done this more than once, however this time when I stopped cdata and yamm services and deleted the cached data, voilà. I have most movies. The few that are missing I suspect may be due to file name and the app not recognizing metadata. So so much better! I don't understand though as I have tried this many times before!
Are you running the latest beta, search on here for it. People who always have issues come back and say the beta fixed it etc..

I think this is it:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=3195
Thanks for the info! I will give this a try later this evening! As I said most of the movies are showing up now. Just thought it weird that the same thing I had tried more than nice finally did the trick. Made the app go from 'so so' to great!