CETON and APP store displays extender renaming capability ?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
earledee

HTPC Specs: Show details

CETON and APP store displays extender renaming capability ?

Post by earledee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 am

Is this capability true or false??? Both websites, CETON and APPLE display an iPhone with renamed extenders ( such as family room and bedroom ). Yet, I am unable to do this. The CETON website directs me here for a fix.... Is this possible. So far, I have one response that informed me that the renaming of extenders is only applicable to Android. There is a video clip on the CETON APP website that demonstrates the contrary ..is that video correct?? ... A photo of this feature is displayed on the Apple APP store . Is this possible. It's why I bought the APP in the first place.

Thanks in advance to anyone that will reply and can help me...CETON RU There??

mariob33

Post by mariob33 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Android seems possible but not IOS

earledee

Post by earledee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

It appears possible on the two websites that advertise the App It is displayed on an iPhone on both sites.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:15 pm

earledee wrote:It appears possible on the two websites that advertise the App It is displayed on an iPhone on both sites.
You might want to get use to it. They have a habit of building up ones dreams, only to later shatter them. Good luck.

Side note. Why when I use the word 'S h a t t e r'. it is replaced with toilet? Wild stuff here on the green button? Is this a bug???

[Moderator note: word filter adjusted]

earledee

Post by earledee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

10.4 on getting used to this kind of stuff......CETON won't even respond to me now..I opened a ticket with them on their website........Seems like they would not want false stuff on their website...check it out and you'll see what I mean....Apple advised that the App is probably not up-to-date or it is an issue with the latest version of the App.... It appears it is a bug.... On my iPhone when I go to settings I can adjust every app EXCEPT the MyMC app.

tad

Post by tad » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 pm

This was confirmed by Ceton a while ago. Not possible in current version of iOS app. With the shutdown of the echo development program, I doubt we'll see updates to the apps any time soon.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 am

Extender renaming currently a feature on the Android application. There are a few topics on this if you searched.
I Write, Code, and Tweet