iPhone app does not pick up my Echo?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
al2suarez

HTPC Specs: Show details

iPhone app does not pick up my Echo?

Post by al2suarez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi,

I can connect to my PC fine with 'my MC' on my iPhone :thumbup: , however, I don't seem to be picking up the Echo when i do a scan.

Can someone tell me how to set this up.

Thank you.

Alvaro Suarez

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Turn on the extender first.

al2suarez

Post by al2suarez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm

I am positive the Echo was ON when I did a scan but I'll try again tonight. Thank you.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Not sure what you mean by "scan", but the extender will show up in the list of devices when you want to select a device for playback. For example, when you choose a recording to play, you can choose to play it on an extender or on the PC. The extenders only show up in the list when they are on, and in Media Center.

al2suarez

Post by al2suarez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Thank you for your response. On the iPhone 'my MC' app, there is a 'Wi-Fi Scan' and when i press it it does not show my Echo. I may be wrong but I thought I could use the app as a Remote Control for the Echo too. It works as a remote for my PC's WMC but I also want to use it on the Echo.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:39 pm

The WiFi scan will find your Media Center PC's, not your extenders. The extender is registered with the PC, so when you connect My Media Center to the PC, the app will know about the extenders, but only if they are turned on and running Media Center.

You can control the Echo using the remote control in the app. There is a button to choose the device which will be controlled. Turn on the Echo, wait for the Media Center menu to appear, and then click around in the app until you find the right button. I use the Android version, so I can't help you with exactly where the button will be in the iOS app. I think it's on the remote itself, but not sure.

al2suarez

Post by al2suarez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:... You can control the Echo using the remote control in the app...
Thank you barnabas1969. I will try it out tonight.

al2suarez

Post by al2suarez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Thank you. It worked great.

FYI:

I've only had my Echo for a few days and my experience has been nothing good. I have a Dune HD Base 3D Network Media Player that is DLNA capable and I can see unEncrypted channels fine, however, on the Echo it seems to stutter then completely hangs and reboots itself.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm

al2suarez wrote:I've only had my Echo for a few days and my experience has been nothing good. I have a Dune HD Base 3D Network Media Player that is DLNA capable and I can see unEncrypted channels fine, however, on the Echo it seems to stutter then completely hangs and reboots itself.
I can't help you with that. You can try opening a ticket with Ceton support. I was part of the Echo beta, and I shipped mine back for a refund at the end of the extended warrantee period.