Connects, but does not control

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
JohnQuar

HTPC Specs: Show details

Connects, but does not control

Post by JohnQuar » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hey guys,

I have a HTPC on Windows 7 and I'm trying to control it through My Media Center running on iOS 7, Windows Phone 8, and Windows 8.1. On all the devices, I can connect locally, and download the information, but I can't actually 'do' anything. I can't control the TV, I can't record a channel, nothing. has anyone had this issue before and have any idea whats needed to fix it?

Also, I've never been able to connect outside of a local lan. I've followed the directions to a T, and I've done all of the port forwarding, but it never connects. Any thoughts on that as well?

I do have Zone Alarm up and running, but even when I turn it off I get the same results. I'll provide all of my PC stats soon.

Thanks, and I look forward to being an active member of this forum!

John Michael
John Michael

drewski8224

Post by drewski8224 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:35 am

Have you been able to resolve this issue. I am currently having the same problems. I can connect and see my recorded shows but I have no control with the app.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Ceton introduced a bug in the Windows service software that breaks controlling any PC or extender... or at least that is what I assume you are referring to.
Check this thread here for the full detail: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=6238

ewitte

Post by ewitte » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 pm

I believe someone mentioned the new versions don't work with 8.1. I have the problem to the (hopefully temporary) fix is to use logmein to connect to the machine, disable screen lock and just drop the connection. VLC would probably also work you need a program with direct access an RDP session will not work. I'm also thinking of just getting the ETH version and attaching it to windows 7 in Hyper-V.