App unable to detect extenders

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
jadrex

HTPC Specs: Show details

App unable to detect extenders

Post by jadrex » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 am

Why cant the app detect extenders unless a user is logged into the pc that has the infiniti tv installed?

Here is my setup: 1 server (windows 8.1 Pro w MediaCenter) , has infiniti tv and my mediacenter services installed and running. I don't like logging into this pc and then locking it for my media center on my laptop and Ipad to see my 4 xbox 360's that I use as extenders. both pc and ipad see all four extenders as soon as I log in on server. then loses them as soon as I log out. I lke being able to use the push function and my mediacenter remote, but don't want to have to log into server to use them

werds

Post by werds » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:03 pm

jadrex wrote:Why cant the app detect extenders unless a user is logged into the PC that has the infiniti tv installed?

Here is my setup: 1 server (windows 8.1 Pro w MediaCenter) , has infiniti tv and my mediacenter services installed and running. I don't like logging into this PC and then locking it for my media center on my laptop and Ipad to see my 4 xbox 360's that I use as extenders. both PC and ipad see all four extenders as soon as I log in on server. then loses them as soon as I log out. I lke being able to use the push function and my mediacenter remote, but don't want to have to log into server to use them
Lucky you, on my setup during one of the last updates to MMC I lost the ability to see extenders PERIOD... even when a main user is logged in on the htpc...none of my xbox 360's show up in MMC for remote purposes anymore.

BrerLappyn

Post by BrerLappyn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 am

I am having the same problem as werds... anybody figure this out. Ever since MMC was updated to the 10/20 version I cannot see any of my extenders (360 or echo) from the MMC app (tried on both win8.1 and android).

brandon607

Post by brandon607 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

I am experiencing the same issue. Love the app but its usefulness is very limited when this feature doesn't work. Ceton!??? Any upcoming fix for this? Or anyone else find a work around?

Polen

Post by Polen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:23 pm

So this must be why I can't connect to my Echo with the My Media Center Android app. I just bought this and was setting it up. Everything works except the remote of the Echo. Bummer.

Is this still a problem for yall?

Thanks,
Polen

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:11 pm

+1 - Just bought the app and can't connect to any extenders.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

You guys realize you don't connect directly to extenders, right? Connect to your PC, then pick an extender. Works fine for most of us.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes. (At least for me), I realize that.

When I say, "can't connect to any extenders", I'm specifically saying that a) I've downloaded & installed MMC on my HTPC, b) I've done all the port forwarding on the router, c) added the HTPC to my MMC client, d) verified I could browse guide & schedule recordings.

What it is NOT doing is d) as soon as I click the "Remote" option in the app, I should see the list of all my extenders to select and be able to remote control. <--- This is what isn't working. It doesn't see any of my extenders.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:33 pm

PS... Also tried updating to the latest BETA & I'm running a Windows 7 64bit HTPC with a Windows 8.1 client PC, iPad, and Surface 2 (RT). None of the clients are working for the above feature.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:12 pm

What extenders are you using and are they powered up and running when you try to connect?

Polen

Post by Polen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 am

I'm using the Ceton Echo as my extender. I'm using the Android app and can connect to my WMC server which is running Windows 7 x64 with Ceton My Media Center version 13.12.7.1361. All the features of My Media Center work that I have tested except for the remote control and the Watch on ability also when I go into Setting and go to Display Names to set the names of extenders it scans and says "No extenders found."

So can I assume from your answer that it is currently working for you? Are you running Windows 7 or 8?

Thanks,

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:38 am

For me & my problem, I have four XBOX 360 Extenders. All were logged off when I installed the MMC software. The HTPC MediaCenter has no AV installed, has the correct time zone & timesync with the extenders & the devices with the apps. The HTPC also has no firewall enabled.

Very disappointed. I don't even know where to submit a support ticket any more as all the Ceton links seem to point back to this forum for MMC support.
:twisted: :evil: :x

Polen

Post by Polen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:54 am

I used this link and selected Echo.

http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:06 am

I run Win 7 x64 and a mix of Echos and Xboxes and have never had an issue with the app not finding them. I also ran Win 8 for a while and had no issues there either. But I was confused when I first got the app, so I just want to confirm you guys understand how it's supposed to work. If an extender is off, the app won't find it. So fire up your PC that's hosting WMC, fire up an extender, then connect to the PC in the app. At that point, you should be able to tap the PC name in the top right of the remote page (iOS version) and get a pick list of your other extenders. Any extender that's off or not connected won't show up. Extenders never show up on the main connect page, only the WMC host PC. IIRC, the only place to pick an extender is that one spot on the remote page that shows the PC name.

I still can't tell from your responses if the extenders are on when you try to connect and if you are trying to pick from the pop-up list on the remote page.

Polen

Post by Polen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:18 am

My bad, yes the Echo is on and connected to the WMC server. I then run the Android app and connect to the WMC server and get the TV screen with Gallery, Guide, Channels, Premiers....etc... I then click on the Remote icon on the top menubar and launch the Remote screen that has the remote control buttons. I then click on the icon on the top right, then one which is a vertical line of three dots, and get a drop down list which has Live TV, Recorded TV, Guide, Movies, Select Device and Search in the list. I then click on Select Device from the list and nothing happens.

Thanks for helping. What version of the My Media Center to you have installed on your WMC server?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:24 am

I'm running 13.10.20.199. Are you running 13.11.29.1381, or the beta 13.12.7.1361? It's starting to sound like later versions don't work with extenders.

Polen

Post by Polen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 am

I tried the 13.11.29.1381 first then the beta. I wonder if I can download the older version.

Polen

Post by Polen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:03 am

You are correct... The new version is the problem. I found an older version, 13.2.26.1062, here http://ceton-my-media-center.software.i ... /download/ and it works great.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Polen wrote:You are correct... The new version is the problem. I found an older version, 13.2.26.1062, here http://ceton-my-media-center.software.i ... /download/ and it works great.
thanks for this! this version solved my problem. after removing both the current prod and beta versions that are posted on cetons sore and reinstalling with this, my extenders now show up in the various pull down menus for remote.control.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Polen wrote:You are correct... The new version is the problem. I found an older version, 13.2.26.1062, here http://ceton-my-media-center.software.i ... /download/ and it works great.
thanks for this! this version solved my problem. after removing both the current prod and beta versions that are posted on cetons sore and reinstalling with this, my extenders now show up in the various pull down menus for remote.control.