iPhone 4s no longer connects

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
corylaplante

HTPC Specs: Show details

iPhone 4s no longer connects

Post by corylaplante » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:23 am

So two weeks ago everything was running fine, with my Windows 8 machine and iPhone 4s finding each other and connecting without issue. However, suddenly the phone can no longer find the computer using the Wi-Fi scan, and with a manual add I get the Unable to Connect message. I have checked the time zones for both devices and they are in sync. I have run the diagnostic on the computer and everything comes back as running fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the app on the phone and the program on the computer, to no avail.
The only thing that seems odd to me is when I look at the app information in the settings part of the phone, it is completely blank. All other apps on my phone show at least the version number, but this one is empty. Nothing has changed on my home network, the only thing that seems to coincide is the upgrade to iOS 7. What am I missing?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:37 am

Take a look at Motz's troubleshooting steps. Try to connect to the MMC Services using a browser on your phone.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 855#p58855

I don't think the MMC app displays a version number in Settings.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

corylaplante

Post by corylaplante » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:43 am

Neither my new phone purchased since original posting (still a 4s) nor the old one can access the IP address:5832 of the HTPC. I looked at the firewall on the PC and Ceton Cdata is specifically allowed both private and public. Where else should I be looking? Could this be a setting on the phone?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Have you made any changes as far as your router goes? New Firmware update etc? Have you port forwarded the correct ports on the router itself?
You could also try rebooting the wireless router, Most wireless routers have an option to backup the settings if you have already port forwarded the correct ports for MMC.
I would try:

0: backup the router settings
1: I would then check to see that your wireless router has the latest Firmware. If not then update it to the latest version.
2: reset the router to default (factory settings) which should reboot the router.
3: Reconnect to the wireless router
4: Restore your custom settings.
5: see if you can connect. If not try removing the forwarded ports for MMC, Reboot the router and Then re-add the ports MMC uses. and try to connect again.
Some good info on port forwarding the correct MMC App ports can be had here: http://cetoncorp.com/documents/CetonCom ... sGuide.pdf
HTH,
newfiend~