Remote control and Movie database issues

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
testakill

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote control and Movie database issues

Post by testakill » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Problem 1:

I have two computers running Win7. One is used for recording TV (I leave it on all the time....I call this MAIN) and the other is a HTPC that I turn on only when watching stuff (I will call this HTPC). My movies are stored are on WHS2003 machine (mapped drive to both machines). The problem is the movie gallery isn't showing in either of them. I entered the network credentials but still nothing. I am not sure if there is a fix for this.

Problem 2:

The remote works great for my MAIN computer but when I try it on the HTPC, it switches from the HTPC to the MAIN computer. No idea why that would happen. I only want the remote for HTPC and not MAIN.

These problems have been baffling me for hours.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Are the two PC's in the same room? If so, then you need to change the code set for the MAIN PC to something other than zero or 1 (valid entries are 0-8). For more info, see this post:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 134#p56134

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 pm

For Problem 1:
Make sure that you have them setup both inside of WMC Libraries and inside of the My Media Center Config: http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMe ... pGuide.pdf I also have a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KonK5tYB ... VtyWB1r9Sg

Problem 2:
I assume that you have added both PCs into your list. You would have to switch back and forth from them via "Select PC" on the home screen. You should be able to select your HTPC and then go to remote that way. This should work just fine.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 am

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that the OP was talking about the My Media Center app. I didn't notice what forum it was posted in.

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:16 am

I assume that is what the OP meant? I am not positive though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm having an issue similar to this where I listed the exact same drives in the My Media Center settings on my HTPC that I have entered into the Media Browser Configurator. I put the two up sided by side and verified they were the same. All my movies show in Media Browser, but not in My Media Center? I am not using mapped drive names but rather using the full network path. Most, but not all, of my movies do show in My Media Center BTW. I am trying to figure out what the problem is.

Any suggestions?

bambam12345678

Post by bambam12345678 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:13 am

I am having issues with using a network drive in the libraries of the config app, it doesn't show the mapped drive and tells me that the full network address to the drive isn't valid. I tried editing the config file manually however it causes the app to not work on the tablet until I re-launch the config app which resets all the settings.