Ceton Companion App on Kindle Fire

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
jwfisher

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Companion App on Kindle Fire

Post by jwfisher » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 am

Installed and configured the app on two PCS (Win7 and Win8 - both 64 bit), have the network discovery turned on and the port forwarding test works.
On my old Kindle Fire(version 6.3.1), when attempting to connect I get "Unable to Connect to PC, please check connection".

Back to the PC, checked Diagnostics:
Companion Service Status: Running, everything looks good here.
Metedata Service Status: Running, Everything looks good here.
Service Communication: Failed tests, please email diagnostics (companion@ceteoncorp.com)

Log:
Running tests
checking to see if cdatasvc is running
Running, everything looks good here.
checking to see if yammmsvc is running
Running, everything looks good here.
checking to ensure proper communication exists for apps
checking to see if valid settings on http://127.0.0.1:5832/
valid settings
An error occurred while processing this request.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:24 am

I just emailed you back actually, but I have it running on my Kindle Fire currently 6.3.1 as well. We currently do not support Windows 8 yet which is why it will fail to connect on that PC.

As for the other:

Were you able to connect inside of the Ceton Companion App or manually add the PC. Sometimes the diagnostics times out the first time, have you tried to run the diagnostics test multiple times?
Additionally have you tried to just reboot the PC? Also if you have any 3rd party firewalls ensure that the port is in it's exceptions.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

jwfisher

Post by jwfisher » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:30 am

I connected inside the app. It found both my Win8 and Win7 computers. I rebooted the Kindle and both computers. The firewwalls on the computers allow the app thru.