Home Assistant Integration?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
djz6018

HTPC Specs: Show details

Home Assistant Integration?

Post by djz6018 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Hey everyone. I am trying to get some data out of my WMC setup into Home Assistant, such as Scheduled Recordings. Just by running a Wireshark capture, I can see that the Ceton MMC app is simply sending GET requests to the WMC server. This is easy to replicate in Home Assistant, but there is one field in the payload called "Ceton-Api-Key". It changes every session, so I am thinking that the time is factored in somehow. Does anyone have any idea how it gets generated?

If not, where does all the data for Scheduled Recordings get stored on the WMC PC? I could just try looking in that file and parsing it out from there.

Has anyone else tried integrating Home Assistant with WMC at all? I would be interested to hear what you have done!

Thanks!!

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jachin99 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 am

Maybe talk to garyran2 in the epg123 forums to see if he knows anything about dealing with guide data. I know there are other tools out there like the guide tool but I think those talk to the guide in C#, not web commands. Just an idea.