MMC no longer upcoming TV shows after installing EPG123

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
AveryFreeman

HTPC Specs: Show details

MMC no longer upcoming TV shows after installing EPG123

Post by AveryFreeman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Hello,

I recently installed EPG123 and it's been great. All except for I think it might be the reason that MMC is no longer showing upcoming shows when I try to search for them.

I can search for any title and if I have it recorded, it'll show the recorded TV, but it will *not* show future broadcastings.

I am thinking it's because of installing EPG123 (there's no Rovi/MS guide downloaded, I clicked "do not agree" when setting up the TV settings after entering my zip code).

I also thought maybe since MMC is no longer available on the iTunes store that subsequent iOS updates may have destroyed its functionality (since clicking on "series" in the app makes it crash now), but to test this, I got on an Android tablet and downloaded MMC (*another $5! @#*($&QA!*) and it also does not show any future TV listings.

Please let me know anything you have learned, I'm all ears! Thanks!
Avery

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:06 am

It's got to be an EPG 1 2 3 problem.

I just checked my rovi MMC Android. Everything's fine.

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 am

This sounds basic, but have you restarted the media center computer. Next, I'd reinstall MMC. I'm running epg123 along with MMC and mine works perfectly.

Space

Post by Space » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 am

I think I recall something about clearing the cache in the MMC application after installing EPG123. Not sure it will fix this specific issue, but there is good chance it will.

EDIT:
Here is an older post:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11067

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes. Just clear the cache and let it rebuild. MMC works just fine with EPG123.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

AveryFreeman

Post by AveryFreeman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Is that where you press "Clean start" under Client and Configuration actions?

If so, I've done that

I have also cleared the tuner data using the Ceton InfiniTV setup app, for when I switched from HDHRP to ITV. I've done it a few times, actually.

Or does this mean I need to start over from scratch and do all of it? There's a slightly newer version of EPG123 than the one I've been using that has an installation file I've been meaning to try ...

EDIT: I read this thread viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2613 about troubleshooting MMC -- It mentions something about indexing WMC. I noticed that my hard drives were not being indexed, so I turned that on.

However, at the very end of the thread, there's a picture of the indexing settings having WMC itself set to index. I don't see any way to add WMC to my indexing list, and I can't seem to find any other threads about it.

Does anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks
Avery

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 pm

I figured clearing the cache wasn’t the issue since you said you tried the android app and it didn’t work either. Maybe I wasn’t clear in saying you should reinstall MMC, I meant that you should uninstall the Ceton My Media Center Services on your PC, then reinstall it - http://cetoncorp.com/products/companion/

AveryFreeman

Post by AveryFreeman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I got it working by indexing C: -- it was turned off because I previously had an 80gb SSD that was running out of room (recently just upgraded and cloned previous image)

Tested and works on both Android and iOS copies of MMC --- hopefully indefinitely, because there aren't any new versions ever being made!

Thanks for all your help, everybody!\

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:57 pm

For future reference. Just need to clear the MMC cache to start bringing in new data from the EPG123 guide. One time only fix.Image
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:30 am

If you are still missing the indexing option for WMC, you can add it back using the instructions in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2194&p=20848

If you do not have that indexing enabled, I don't think you can do searches within WMC, and I also think it will not record any scheduled shows.

AveryFreeman

Post by AveryFreeman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Just to be clear - I tried clearing cache on the Android App and it did nothing.

My particular problem was that my Windows C:\ drive not being indexed. When I did that it started working again.

Can't say it'll be true for anybody else, but if you're having issues like mine, that's another place to look.

Thanks for all your help everybody.