2022 MMC on iOS

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
billmich

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is a 2022 Update coming soon?

Post by billmich » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:07 pm

It usually comes out around this time of year..

Fingers crossed that it does :)

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:37 am

I will have the update out tomorrow, glad to see there's still interest!

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:31 am

For previously registered users in 2021: The 2021 app has expired as of March 14, 2022. The app will either crash immediately when opened, or will not open with the message "my MC" Is No Longer Available. First, try going to https://setonsylvan.github.io on your device and tap the Download button. Watch the install progress on the home screen. It should install over the existing installation and leave your settings and data intact. If you receive "Unable to download app", re-send me your UDID (sorry for the inconvenience). I've removed some old UDIDs as people have upgraded phones to stay under the 100 device limit.

Caution: this may be shut down or stop working at any time by Apple, Ceton, or (most likely) a future iOS update that makes the app incompatible in some way

For new users:

Requirements: An iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.0 or later.

What you need to do:
  • Find your device UDID. If you have a device released after late 2018, use a method on this link: https://deciphertools.com/blog/2014_11_ ... hone_udid/
    If you have an earlier device, you can use the above link, or this website: https://betafamily.com/superudid
    If you leave the browser window open on your computer, it will automatically update with your UDID information after you complete the process on your device, so you can easily copy and paste it from your computer. It will install a "profile" on your device to read the UDID, but it will automatically remove itself afterwards.
    If you're not comfortable with this method, use the methods on the first link.
  • PM me the UDID and whether it's an iPhone or iPad. Please do not post it in this topic!
  • Visit the above website after I PM you that your device UDID has been registered (I'll PM you the link as well). Tapping the Install button if your UDID has not been registered will not download the app.
FYI: This is a manual process to update the IPA with UDIDs so it may take a few hours before I'm able to add your UDID. If your device UDID has not been registered yet, the link will not install the app!

FAQs:
  • The app will expire on March 14, 2023. The app will either crash immediately when opened, or will not open with the message "my MC" Is No Longer Available. At that time, if the app is still functional, everyone will have to re-download MMC from the website. It should install over the existing installation and leave your settings and data intact.
  • You will probably get this ""my MC" would like to find and connect to devices on your local network" message upon first run on iOS 14
    IMG_6844.PNG
    You must tap "OK" for the app to be able to connect to your server.

Caveat:
    Hitting OK did not immediately work for me. The app continued to throw a "Unable to connect" error until I went to Settings->Privacy->Local Network and toggled "my MC" off and on again. I force quit the app just for good measure, and then it was able to connect again.
  • As long as your device UDID has already been registered, you can uninstall and re-install MMC from the link provided without having to re-register.
  • The UDID does not change when you update to new versions of iOS, or even when you do an Erase all Content and Settings. However, if you replace your device with a new one, you will need to re-register the new UDID.
  • This is entirely free, and you don't need to include any proof of purchase.
I'm excited that we're able to get this app back on iOS for another year (hopefully)!
Many thanks to Jacoats, DanITman, and bryankennedy2 who did the bulk of the work!

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:27 pm

RyC, As I have told you before you are sooooooo appreciated for keeping this APP alive. May the Gods of Good Things SHINE BRIGHTLY upon you. Thank You.

billmich

Post by billmich » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:30 pm

thank you

billmich

Post by billmich » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm

thank you sir, appreciate your efforts with this

ld4west

Post by ld4west » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:52 am

RyC, Thanks so much! The app reloaded with no issues and is works fine on iOS 15.3.1.

dkm

Post by dkm » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:37 am

Reinstalled on iOS 15.4 with no issues.

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Works like a charm! Where can I make a donation?
Dean L. Surkin

RyC

Post by RyC » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:25 pm

I appreciate it, but no need! If you're really inclined, you can donate to garyan2 on my behalf for doing the real work keeping WMC alive with EPG123!

Camry_dude

Post by Camry_dude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:31 pm

Thank you again! I was able to re-update my app and working great per usual!

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:18 am

Many thanks for your continued work on this. A very smooth update process on my iPhone/iPad running iOS/iPadOS 15.4.1
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

billmich

Post by billmich » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:39 pm

was playing around with my iPad last night fpor the 1st time in a while, I had forgotten to update MMC in march. Followed the instructions in the post and 5 seconds later, everything was perfect. So grateful that this is being maintained

dkm

Post by dkm » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:05 pm

iOS 16 was released today. I upgraded my iphone 11 and MMC now requires the phone to be in "developer mode" to work. Once turned on, the app started up and ran as expected.

To turn on Developer Mode: Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Developer Mode -> Turn the switch on -> Reboot -> Tap "Turn On" when prompted to turn on developer mode.

Info about Developer Mode: https://nerdschalk.com/ios-16-how-to-en ... tings-app/

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:15 pm

Just hit this issue on iPhone 13. Glad that they at least left the option in Settings to enable this mode. MMC still working. :thumbup:
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:55 pm

iPadOS was released today. Similar to iOS, MMC still works fine, although you do have to enable Developer Mode in Settings to allow the app.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:45 pm

How do I get into developer mode if I don’t have a Mac?
iOS 16
Mike

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:02 am

It's just done through Settings, there is a link in a post above to a guide.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:12 pm

Oh wow! Maybe it wasn't active before because I didn't have any apps that needed it installed. Thanx a bunch for supporting this product!
Mike

Stubbertville

Post by Stubbertville » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:24 pm

is this still supported? Im trying to get this on my old ios 6 devices