Network DVB-S2 tuner

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
jelockwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Network DVB-S2 tuner

Post by jelockwood » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 pm

If anyone else is still using Windows Media Center I was wondering if anyone can advise on a suitable network tuner that support DVB-S2 and is compatible with Windows Media Center.

Sadly SiliconDust despite originally announcing that they intended to release such a tuner never did and took an inordinate amount of time to eventually launch a DVB-T2 tuner. (I currently use a quad DVB-T2 HDHomeRun tuner.)

I also get the impression that the various SAT>IP tuners do not work with WMC but if anyone knows a solution I would be very interested to hear.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 pm

I don't know of any pure network DVB-S2 tuners that will work with WMC unfortunately.

The only solution that I ever managed to get working reliably was to use the DVBLink products..... which meant having a PC to install the tuners in /on.

Are you looking for network tuners due to not wanting PCIe / USB tuners?

Sent using Tapatalk

Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

jelockwood

Post by jelockwood » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:15 pm

holidayboy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 pm I don't know of any pure network DVB-S2 tuners that will work with WMC unfortunately.

The only solution that I ever managed to get working reliably was to use the DVBLink products..... which meant having a PC to install the tuners in /on.

Are you looking for network tuners due to not wanting PCIe / USB tuners?
My 'Media Center' is an Apple Mac mini and hence has no PCIe slots.

I have considered DVBLink despite this because I believe it might be possible to connect a SAT>IP network tuner to DVBLink and then 'share' it to WMC.