Can't get 1.7.3.0 to run

RonZimmerman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't get 1.7.3.0 to run

Post by RonZimmerman » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:25 am

I installed a new Cable card in the Win 7 computer that I used last year with EPg and Signals Direct. I ran the tv setup an it hung at downloading in step 2 so I read I need to turn the always on internet off. But that is nowhere to be found. So I downloaded 1.7.3.0 to run it and give the computer a fresh start. It said I needed to download .Net Framework 4.6.2 and it downloaded it. It took forever to installed but it did and I restarted as instructed and tried 1.7.3.0 again. Now the same thing happened. and it repeated the download of the .net program which again took forever. So I am stuck. EPG wants .net 4.6 and then it thinks it doesn't have it. I can't get beyond it to get to the clean install. And I can't get through WMC TV set up because I guess the always on internet is a problem. What can I do? I gave up on the clean install and am down apparently stuck on the TV Setup Downloading TV setup data? Very frustrating.

CZ Eddie

Post by CZ Eddie » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:58 am

RonZimmerman wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:25 am I installed a new Cable card in the Win 7 computer that I used last year with EPg and Signals Direct. I ran the tv setup an it hung at downloading in step 2 so I read I need to turn the always on internet off. But that is nowhere to be found. So I downloaded 1.7.3.0 to run it and give the computer a fresh start. It said I needed to download .Net Framework 4.6.2 and it downloaded it. It took forever to installed but it did and I restarted as instructed and tried 1.7.3.0 again. Now the same thing happened. and it repeated the download of the .net program which again took forever. So I am stuck. EPG wants .net 4.6 and then it thinks it doesn't have it. I can't get beyond it to get to the clean install. And I can't get through WMC TV set up because I guess the always on internet is a problem. What can I do? I gave up on the clean install and am down apparently stuck on the TV Setup Downloading TV setup data? Very frustrating.
Leave the Internet on but use 00000 for the zip code and say "No" to downloading the program guide. Try hdhomerun_windows_20150826.exe for the Prime driver. And dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe for the .net install.

RonZimmerman

Post by RonZimmerman » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:51 am

Thanks, I'll try. I don't have any HD Home Run. I use the Ceton Tuner. So I guess I don't need the hdhomerun as the Prime Driver?

RonZimmerman

Post by RonZimmerman » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:35 pm

WMC wants my product key when I attempt to run the cable card setup. I put it in and it says WMC has no internet connection. I can get on the internet in the browser. How do I get WMC to see the product key or bypass it?