I tried Windows 7 and here is what worked for me.

cyberdoc999

HTPC Specs: Show details

I tried Windows 7 and here is what worked for me.

Post by cyberdoc999 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:50 am

I've been working on this for about 3 months!
I tried different versions of Windows 10 and the latest Windows 7
here's what worked for me. I had to install Windows 10 version 1511
(and block all updates)
do a search for Windows 10 version 1511

now everything works perfectly and I can record any show
without worrying about whether or not it will record or not. It always records my shows. And works perfectly. I do not use this computer on the Internet. It it my TV recorder computer. I had to install WMC-V13_x64 because WMC-V8.8.5 would not detect my TV tuners.
Now I can finally stop this madness.

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:30 pm

I moved from Windows 7, I had issues but, it was due to me modifying system files to get WMC to work the way I wanted it to, most of the issues I fixed are in Windows 8. I tried to play with Windows 10 for a while, I did get everything up and running but, when it comes down to, your on a Windows 10 machine that is unsupported, Not like most of us Media Center users are now anyway. I did have a bunch of issues with Windows 10 and WMC so I gave up on it.

I did a fresh build of Windows 8.1, Put a start menu program(hate 8.1's menu), and did tons of little options now. Free guide data,4K WMC,4K HDR support for movies, tons of other little tricks, even Emulation Station setup on the PC that runs everything up to PS3 games (didn't try later systems yet). It's VERY rock solid, I do have many little scripts keep WMC running in top shape with newest guide data always. I never even have to think about it. It's been almost 8 months where I needed to do something to keep it working...it's that solid...

This is the official Windows 8.1 WMC and it's working flawlessly....Of course Windows updates have been disabled forever... and that is ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS it's stable..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012