Couple of sub-channels have garbled audio

prsa01

HTPC Specs: Show details

Couple of sub-channels have garbled audio

Post by prsa01 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Searched and read the closest threads I could find. Did some playing with wmc audio settings (switch back/forth 5.1/ 2 speaker) and tried Realtek and shark codec changes but don't know what I'm doing with Realtek. Saw a reference to rolling back Realtek audio but not sure how to do that.

Problem - 2 Ota sub-channels have garbled sound. These are the type of channels that show old TV shows and internet Animal videos. So, not HD and I assume somehow different streams. I don't care much about these Channels but it bugs me not to be able to figure it out. These channels work correctly using TV tuner directly & using hdhomerun app.

Setup info - 2 hdhomerun network Ota receivers (4 tuners). Using TV speakers, pc connected via hdmi. Pc 3rd Gen i7 using on board Intel video.

Next up - record channels. Try with vlc and inspect streams to see what is different.

Other ideas are appreciated

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 pm

If you are using HDMI out to your display device, your audio is from the Intel HDMI audio driver and you might try updating the Intel video/audio drivers.

Space

Post by Space » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:10 am

I was going to say the same thing, doing something with the Realtek audio will do nothing if you are the audio from the HDMI connection. The audio for HDMI is controlled by the video card/drivers.