Where is Data Source info stored?

dbmears

HTPC Specs: Show details

Where is Data Source info stored?

Post by dbmears » Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Several TV stations in my area (SF/Oak/SJ) have changed frequencies lately (some about a week ago, a couple earlier in the year). Now that Guide info is gone (no, I haven't bought a paid subscription to another Guide service; I'm content using manual recording for now) getting the new frequencies in place has been "interesting." I'm wondering if anyone knows how/where this info is stored within WMC (perhaps in registry info somewhere?).

After the latest round of frequency changes, I went to Setup TV Signal, which asked for a zip code. I entered the one I used the last time I had to re-setup (after the switch to Rovi). It told me the info was not available (as expected) but it would use my existing Guide info. During the channel scan, it didn't actually save the new frequencies this time (though it did earlier in the year for the previous frequency changes). I eventually figured out how to manually fix three of the four channels by unchecking them from Edit Channels and adding them with new info through Add Missing Channels. The fourth I could not add correctly: KOFY-20 is mapped with 20.1 on 21.7 and when adding a channel it seems you can only specify the channel and not a sub-channel (I could enter channel 21 as source but it assumed 20.1 was on 21.1 instead of where it really is on 21.7).

So . . . I was wondering if I can get at root data and change registry settings or some other hopefully human editable data to force data sources to what I know they are (based on other internet info)?

Things are even worse on my Vista system with WMC which I use as backup when I need/want to record a 5th channel at the same time. (That system can now only see/record CBS, KPIX-5, which has not changed frequencies.) I've posted a similar question in the Legacy Editions forum.