Fixing the sports plugin

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:46 pm

jachin99 wrote:I found the help that I have been looking for so keep an eye out for some good news really soon!!! :thumbup:
Hope so, MLB season just started and I normally check games every day, it would be nice not to have to pull out my phone :)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing. If you use TMobile, you get a free year of mlb.tv. I know it probably won't integrate into WMC right away but this is the second year they have done this so hopefully it can get tied in somehow. This is just a start, I don't know how far it will get, and I doubt EVERYTHING will work but its progress. As long it keeps moving along it will be there some day.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11849&p=128613#p128613

Those of using modern media ui should already know this but one of the more difficult parts of restoring sports in WMC was getting the scores section working. I honestly didn't think it would ever happen but modern media ui+ gives live sports updates via the msn sports webpage. I haven't worked on this in a long time but it would seem to me that the next logical step would be to add pages in mcml where sports only programs are viewed. By adding shortcuts to those views that are accessible let throughout the ui I think you could get the functionality of the sports lounge and the accessibility of MM UI. I don't think we will ever have the separate sports experience back but it's even easier now than it was with the sports lounge to quickly peek at live scores.

caliskier

Post by caliskier » Mon May 11, 2020 4:14 am

Is this last post where it’s at today?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Yea, pretty much. The full sports bar was never restored. If you use modern media UI + then you can at least get scores and gametimes in almost real time. Really the only thing that is still missing is the fantasy league stuff and player stats. You can't restore the sports bar and use mmui because the new sports portion was created from the original sports bar. They're the same files, just modified