mspr.hds file hit 2 GB

B3AST

HTPC Specs: Show details

mspr.hds file hit 2 GB

Post by B3AST » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:23 pm

My C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds file has hit 2 GB and it's causing the Copy Prohibited message to pop up every few seconds while watching live TV. I'd seen some old posts on MS forums about a hotfix for this but nothing is still active
Is there any fix other than making a new mspr.hds file?
I've already confirmed that works course, I'll loose access to all my current recorded shows if I do. This seems to happen even for shows not flagged Protected, which it shouldn't I would think but that is what is happening when I make a new mspr.hds

Anyway, I think I've about hit my limit dealing with having a personal DVR. It's just headache after headache now with the setup I have. I've been thinking of cutting the cord for awhile now anyway with Comcast crazy cable costs, and just keeping internet. Sadly where I am Comcast is about the only options. We rarely watch anything not streaming anyway. Saw a report awhile back that you could get like 4 or 5 streaming services for cheaper than you can get a cable package.
Sorry, rant off

B3AST

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by B3AST » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:13 pm

No one has any idea how to deal with this mspr.hds 2GB limit?

For now Ive made a script that stops Media Center service swaps the files back to the old one so my wife can watch things recorded before it hit the limit.
I assume the data for a show is not removed when the show is deleted and there isnt a way to shrink this file.