Strange guide issue

eclas

HTPC Specs: Show details

Strange guide issue

Post by eclas » Thu May 12, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm setting up a new Windows 7 system and everything's working pretty good except for some reason there's one channel that won't show up in Windows Media center. When looking at the client configuration of epg 123 the Channel shows up on both sides correctly however when I go in to Windows Media Center and even into the settings for editing channels that channel number does not show up so there is no way to select it to even show up in the guide. Seems like a wmc problem and not epg123

What could be causing a problem like this?

Space

Post by Space » Thu May 12, 2022 10:47 pm

If the channel shows up in the left side panel of the EPG123 client, and has a check mark next to it, then I believe it should also show up in the WMC guide (since that panel is showing what is in WMC).

Is it possible that you have a different view displayed in the WMC guide? Like one of your "favorite" lineups or one of the generated ones like "Most Viewed". You can look in the upper right of the channel guide to see if it displays one of your favorites or one of the generated ones (note that this could be missing if you used the EPG123 tweak tool).

You can make sure you are viewing all the channels by going in to the channel guide and using the left arrow key to go all the way to the left (or select "View Categories with the mouse) and then select "All". The upper left should indicate "guide" when you have "All" selected.

EDIT: Of course after posting this I reread your post and I see that you said the channels don't even show up in "Edit channels" which would mean it is not an issue with having a favorites lineup selected. Seems weird that it shows up in the EPG123 client and not in WMC, but Gary may have more incite in to this.
Last edited by Space on Thu May 12, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:48 pm

There must be another flag in the tuner channel that WMC will remove from view but EPG123 will not. You can try to delete the channel in the client and then undelete it. See if that resets everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

eclas

Post by eclas » Sun May 15, 2022 2:56 pm

My bad Gary. After looking closer the channel shows up everywhere EXCEPT on the left side of the client and wmc guide itself. I tried unchecking it in the configuration then saving it. I then rechecked it and did a save but that didn't work. It still doesn't show on the left side of the client so I can't uncheck it there

The channel number itself doesn't even show when editing channels in wmc settings.
I'm going to have to send u another donation the way I pester🤣

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun May 15, 2022 3:06 pm

This is probably going to be my bad. Click the 'Restore deleted scanned channels' button in the client. It is right beside the green plus sign to add channels. See if the channel is there and you can restore it. It isn't technically deleted but is orphaned. It appears this happens when a station is removed from the lineup that was mapped to the channel. When the station disappears, the channel gets "deleted."

I'm working on it on my end to fix this.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

eclas

Post by eclas » Mon May 16, 2022 8:20 am

ok, i'll give that a shot tomorrow and let u know.
I will say this...Im pretty sure I swapped that channel with another one in wmc at 1 point if that helps explain something for you ref what you said about lineups and mapping..

eclas

Post by eclas » Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 am

Ok! That did correct it. Thank you very much!

Now if I could get the ff and fast rewind working correctly I'd have the system working perfectly. The skip forward and back modifications work fine.
I have 3 separate wmc computers and only one of them does it right. Yes the registry entries are the way I want them but no matter what they r set to the ff and rew is very slow on 2 of them.
I believe wmc is the buggiest windows app ever and that's saying something!