Decoder error

MarkGSD

HTPC Specs: Show details

Decoder error

Post by MarkGSD » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:27 am

I have WMC working just fine on my Windows 7 Ultimate system using an HDHomeRun PRIME and 2 dual tuners for ATSC1. I have an older HP 17 Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 that I wanted to run WMC on since the laptop is connected via HDMI to my TCL Roku TV which is on another floor from my Win7 setup. I've not had much luck using my Xbox 360 as an extender. It "sort of" works.

I've downloaded the versions of WMC, PlayReady, Digital Cable Advisor, etc, from Gary's website, plus EPG123 of course. HDHomeRun config finds my 7 tuners with all the correct channels and so did WMC. I had previously installed the PlayReady file, along with running DCA which looks like a DOS program. I can get the EPG123 program guide to display on WMC but when I try to open a DTV antenna channel (it doesn't like cable at this point) I get the error message about "The video recorder is not working, is not installed ..." etc. Darn Cox encrypts EVERYTHING that isn't a local channel. Cox using switched digital video so I have a Cox tuning adapter which connects to the HD PRIME which has a cable card.

Clearly I must have done something wrong or skipped an important step in the setup or I'm missing something. I would appreciate any ideas to get this going.

Thanks,
Mark

MarkGSD

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by MarkGSD » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 am

This must be a dead forum. I'll answer my own question for anyone else having the same issue. Installing the advanced codec pack from Shark007 solved the problem.