[Solved] Video library won't show folders

msoengineer

HTPC Specs: Show details

[Solved] Video library won't show folders

Post by msoengineer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:21 pm

I am having strange issues with two hard drives which are attached via internal sata connections.

I have attempted to add the folders to the video library several times and MCE says it's imported the files.

When I click on the folders view, it won't display any folders. However, when I click on date taken view it will show me a slew of dates and then I can find individual files.

Any idea how to get the folders view to work again? :crazy:
Last edited by msoengineer on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space

Post by Space » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:05 pm

I don't use this feature much, so I really haven't investigated it, but I have seen a similar issue. I think it is just WMC database corruption.

I haven't used it in a while, and don't have access to my WMC right now, but if I recall, you can display the files if you look at them using one view, but not in another view.

I'm not sure why it happens or how to fix it. I can't recall having seen this particular issue posted in these forums before either, so I'm not sure if it is uncommon or just that people don't use this feature much.

There may be a way of "clearing" the corruption, perhaps by manually correcting the DB, but I've never tried. I know that EPG123 has a WMC DB viewer, but I'm not sure if that can be used to view this information (I've yet to try it).

msoengineer

Post by msoengineer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:16 am

Ok, found the issue...the folders are being searched for under multiple library areas and they need to be disassociated within the corresponding library...

Click on the green button and then go down to settings -> Media Libraries and check each Library type: Music, Pictures, Videos, Rec Tv, Movies... go through each section and see if your folder/s are associated with that library...if they are, remove them. After you've gone through each type of library, removed the folder/s, you then need to reboot the PC. After removal and reboot you can now go back to the Videos Library category/section/view and re-add the folder/s by right clicking to show "manage library" to add the folders back to the Video category.

I found my folders were under both Videos and Recorded TV library types and so I think this was causing the problem of the folders being "hung" up. :wtf:

My folders now show up fine!

Hope this will help you out! :clap: :geek: :mrgreen:

Space

Post by Space » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:09 am

Glad you got it working. Not sure if this would fix my issue, as I'm sure I did this, however I may not have rebooted in between.

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:15 am

Just reading here. Have a similar issue. Did this procedure resolve the problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk